Popup is one of signup forms provided by Omnisend. It appears in the center of the customer's device screen when you want it and asks to subscribe.
- Go to Forms > All Forms > Create form or click Edit next to a preset Popup. You will be then brought to a setup wizard.
- Theme. Name your signup form and choose a preferred design theme and layout (Image Left, Image Right, Background Image, Without Image, Simple). Once you have chosen your preferred layout, you will be offered a number of designs to choose from. You will be able to edit that in the next step as well.
- Content & Design. To switch between editing of content and design, click on the top buttons of the sidebar.
- Content. You will be able to choose preferred language, upload your logo, change the image (if the chosen theme supports it), change the labels of the signup form fields, and add up to 5 fields in total (Standard and Pro feature).
- Design. In the design section you can change the box position (where it appears on the screen), customize the styling of the theme by changing overlay and background colors, text styling, and button styling. Custom CSS is also allowed, although this is only recommended for advanced users who know CSS well.
- You can remove Omnisend branding (Standard and Pro feature), remove the close button, make the popup Google friendly on mobile (read more here) and enable or disable the popup on mobile.
- Once you have added your texts and styling, you can check the success message view by clicking on "Success" at the top of the editing window (Form and Success). To check, how your form looks on mobile, click an icon at the bottom of the sidebar. See both examples in the image below.
- Click SAVE & PROCEED to go to the next step of the setup.
4. Settings. This step allows you to change the following settings:
- List you want to send your new signups to (you can use existing ones or create a new one there)
- The timing when the form will appear (Immediately, after viewing a particular amount of pages, after spending a particular amount of time on a page, after scrolling a particular amount of page, or trying to leave the page (read more about our exit-intent technology)
- Targeting to particular visitor groups (All visitors, targeting by page URL (e.g. https://yourstoreurl.com/contact), targeting by part of page URL (e.g. /dresses/ - which would work on all pages that include /dresses/ in the URL))
- Limits when will the form be displayed again for the non-subscribed visitors (after hours, days, weeks, months)
5. Confirm & Launch. This last step is here to help you easily check, if everything you have setup is correct. You can jump to any setup part by clicking on Edit link next to each item.
6. Click SAVE & ENABLE to launch the popup or SAVE & CLOSE, if you want to get back to it a bit later.
To be sure you're getting the most out of your popup read our study on most effective pop ups.