SMS in Automation allows you to reach your customers in a fast and effective way. While email might be your primary channel, SMS message can help you reach more customers quicker.
Before you start
- You need to have your contact's phone number in an international format: +11231234567 (+ country-code area-code phone-number)
- You do not have to use your own phone number to send SMS campaigns via Omnisend.
- This feature is available for Trial, Standard and PRO plan users.
- Learn about SMS channel limitations for sender's names.
SMS messages is part of the Automated workflows and it will need to be added manually as it is not a preset block. Once you click EDIT WORKFLOW you will be able to add it by clicking on the red + sign in the position of your preference. You decide when to send it.
Once added it will show a red bar with the message Missing SMS information, means, you have not yet fully set it: add the sender's name and text message.
On the right side of your screen you will see the mandatory fields. Make sure they have the required information. Keep in mind that there are some limitations to sender's name, you can learn about it here.
If you would like to give your customers the option to Unsubscribe from the SMS messages, just select the Add unsubscribe link feature.
Important! This Unsubscribe link will ONLY unsubscribe the customers from the SMS, they will still receive the Automated emails if not Unsubscribed from them via the Unsubscribe link in the email.
When you are happy with the text, click SAVE and continue working on your workflow.
Feel free to add as many SMS messages to your workflow as you feel most appropriate.
Cost of SMS
The prices are based on the country of the recipient and are available in My Account > Billing > SMS pricing.
You can find it also here at the setup of your SMS block on a particular Automation workflow.
Click on "SMS based on country" and you will be redirected to your pricing page, which provides a full pricing list according to the recipients country.
Add SMS/ad Credits to your account
You can do it ether from My Account by clicking on Refill SMS/ad credits or from the Automation workflow - click on Refill them.
Once you click to refill, a popup with additional information will appear. You will be able to choose the amount you want to purchase (at least $50). These credits are not included in your monthly Standard or Pro plan payment and is held as a separate budget for your SMS message sending.
Reports for SMS contain:
- Sent SMS. Subscribers that received SMS.
- Click rate. If you message contained any link you will see here how many of the customers clicked on it.
- Coming soon: sales. If your customer placed an order after clicking on a link in SMS, you will see the tracked sales. Shopify customers can already see the sales reports for Omnisend SMS via Shopify Marketing Events.
If you have questions or need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact our Support Team, which is available 24/7 and can be reached via In-app chat or email at firstname.lastname@example.org