An additional channel to contact your clients and inform them about their Abandoned Carts and/or Placed Orders.
Before you start
For the feature to work properly, please make sure your account fulfills the following requirements:
• Your site domain has HTTPS
• You have at least one page created within your Facebook account.
Note, in case your store domain is not the same as the one on Facebook page, you will need to navigate to Facebook page settings and white-list the domain.
• Snippet is added (if your store is connected via API)
• Facebook Messenger app is connected with Omnisend
• At least one automation flow with Facebook Messenger block is enabled
• Only one Facebook plugin/app can be on a product page
• Only one Add to cart button has to be on a product page
• Facebook Messenger is available for Trial and Pro plan users only
• Facebook Messenger is available for Shopify, Bigcommerce and API (excluding modules) ecommerce platforms.
Important! Messenger channel works ONLY if a contact is identified in a website (they are already your subscribers).
Connect Facebook with Omnisend
From the Drop-down menu, go to My Account or directly to Connected apps
From My Account, click on Connected apps > CONNECT NEW APP
Select Facebook Messenger:
Click CONNECT and follow the wizard
Set Facebook Messenger in your Automated workflows
Now that you have connected Omnisend with your Facebook Messenger, you can start sending message to your customer in the Following Automated workflows.
Note, with Facebook Messenger messages can only be sent within 24 hours window (Facebook requirement). You can send as many messages as you like, however after 24 hours you will only be allowed to send one last message.
You will be able to add Facebook Messenger to the Automated workflow from the Editor:
Drag and Drop from the main menu
Or click on the red + sign in the flow
and this is how it will look
Now you can proceed to personalize your message in the Editor panel on your right side of the screen
If you need, you can set also the Welcome Message and the Checkout Plugin settings.
Once your customer marks the Checkbox to get Messenger Notifications, a Welcome message will be sent to greet your anonymous contacts or a Message will be sent to your identified contacts based on the set triggers.
The editor panel looks like this for Welcome message
and this for Checkout message
Samples of Facebook Messenger messages
Abandoned Cart reminder:
Order Confirmation notification:
Shipping Confirmation notification:
If you still have any questions or need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact our Support team at email@example.com.