Once you create your client's Omnisend account, it's time to prepare it to look shiny. Here is the checklist of what you should consider doing.
All Subscribers in the database of online store will be imported automatically to Omnisend after installation is completed. Then every next day Omnisend synchronizes once a day (at 01:00 AM in his Timezone) with a shop and downloads new Subscribers). But if your client has more Subscribers somewhere else - you will need to import them manually.
- If your client is new to email marketing (he has never used any platform before) then you should import his Subscribers from the file. Do not import purchased lists or list of unsubscribed Subscribers. It will harm your client's domain reputation and will send the message directly to spam. Here's more information about that.
- If he was using Mailchimp then you should use simplified "Import from Mailchimp" feature.
Setting up Forms to Collect New Subscribers
- Add custom HTML form to the footer of the shop;
- Recommend your client to share a link to "Subscribe" Signup page on his social media websites and anywhere else he wants.
- Enable Signup box. It is included in all - Free, Standard and Pro - Omnisend plans.
Give Some Advice about Email Marketing
This step depends on your client's experience.
- Check if sender's email address is using your client's domain. Do not use @gmail.com, @aol.com, etc. This will hurt the client's email deliverability. You can read more about it here.
- Inform your client that content of emails needs to be high quality and relevant to subscribers. Here is the article about best practices how to minimize situations of being marked as spam.
- Tips on best email frequency, better engagement, etc. can be found on Omnisend Blog.
Choosing a pricing plan
- Make sure that the import of all Subscribers is completed. The price for Standard or Pro plan depends on a number of Subscribers, so it is your interest as well that the client purchases a plan, when the import is finished.
- With Standard and Pro plan, better features will be available for your client. Here is the pricing of Omnisend.
- You can upgrade a plan by going to your Omnisend account tab on the right side of the page.
Setting up smart automated features under the Ecommerce tab
Profit-oriented features belong to Omnisend Standard and Pro plans. Customize these features according to your client's needs:
All emails of these features can be edited, so be creative!