Before you start
To have your Signup Box working, make sure you have the following:
- A working website with Omnisend snippet present. If you have Shopify, Bigcommerce or are using one of our plugins, like Magento, then your snippet is already there. If you are on custom API integration, refer to step 2 of this guide.
- Omnisend account with either payment plan. Keep in mind, that Free plan limits you to 3 active signup forms at once.
- You can collect subscriber consent for email or text messages communication, or both, with the Signup form
- You can add up to 5 fields in the signup box form.
Enabling the Signup Box
You will find Signup Box under the Forms tab in Omnisend app. A single click is all it takes to enable it - Omnisend will automatically add your Signup Box to your store.
Signup Box can be customized in order to make it fit your brand and your store. You can change copy-writing, design and position of it.
Reasons to use Signup Box
Well, the more subscribers you have, the more sales newsletter campaigns can generate. By providing several options to subscribe, you're increasing chances that the store visitor, if interested, will leave his or her email. So why not to provide such possibility?
Here are the sources that Omnisend automatically adds subscribers from:
- Customers emails from your store
- Opt-in box on your website (the one that came with the store template; might need additional integration)
- Signup Box
- Landing Page
- Wheel of Fortune
Check out our study on best performing signup forms.
- Go to Forms --> All Forms --> Create form or click Edit next to a preset Signup Box. You will then be brought to a setup wizard.
- Theme. Name your signup form and choose a preferred design theme and layout (Image Left, Image Right, Background Image, Without Image, Simple). Once you have chosen your preferred layout, you will be offered a number of designs to choose from. You will be able to edit that in the next step as well.
- Content & Design. To switch between editing of content and design, click on the top buttons of the sidebar.
- Content. You will be able to choose preferred language, upload your logo, change the image (if the chosen theme supports it), change labels of the signup form fields. More, you can add additional predefined property fields (up to 5 fields in total) as well as add custom properties to your form (Standard and Pro feature).
Your form will be set to collect email subscribers by default. If you wish, you can change the setting to collect SMS subscribers only, or to collect both, email and SMS subscribers.
Just enable the toggle on the right for the type of subscription you are trying to collect. You have a possibility to remove Required tick for one of fields, however one of the channels will have to be a required field for your client to fill in. This way, your client will confirm via which channel they allow you to get in touch with the promotional communication.
To ensure you are compliant with the different regulations, we provide you an option to enable a detailed consent collection for your Omnisend forms for GDPR (Europe) and TCPA (USA) purposes.
Click on the expansion sign and enable the detailed consent collection for the relevant regulation. The consent message will be added to your signup form.
- Design. In the design section you can change the box position (where it appears on the screen), widget position (where it shows up on the screen), customize the styling of the theme by changing overlay and background colors, text styling, and button styling. Custom CSS is also allowed, although this is only recommended for advanced users who know CSS well.
- You can remove Omnisend branding (Standard and Pro feature), remove the close button, and enable or disable the Signup Box on mobile.
- Once you have added your texts and styling, you can check the success message view by clicking on Success at the top of the editing window (Form and Success). To check, how your form looks on mobile, click an icon at the bottom of the sidebar. See both examples in the image below.
- Click Save & Proceed to go to the next step of the setup.
4. Settings. This step allows you to change the following settings:
- Add a Tag to organize your new signups into segments (you can use existing tags or create a new one) and send targeted communication based on the segments you create. You can add as many different tags as you like, which will help you filter your contacts that subscribed using this form.
- Use double opt-in to have a stronger security controlling your signups.
- Targeting to particular visitor groups (All visitors, targeting by page URL (e.g. https://yourstoreurl.com/contact), targeting by part of page URL (e.g. /dresses/ - which would work on all pages that include /dresses/ in the URL))
5. Confirm & Launch. This last step is here to help you easily check, if everything you have setup is correct. You can jump to any setup part by clicking on Edit link next to each item.
6. Click Save & Enable to launch the Signup Box or Save & Close, if you want to save changes, but get back to the form a little later.