Omnisend automatically synchronizes your customers' data from your store every day, so it means that your contact list is updated on a daily basis. All your past customers who purchased from you are automatically added to Omnisend as contacts on your list. However, their status (subscribed, non-subscribed, etc.) depends on the data from your store (e.g. if your store provides contact's details with a status non-subscribed, then we will mark such customer accordingly).
Here is a brief explanation of each of the statuses that your imported contacts can get:
- Subscribed - a customer has an online opt-in on your website and accepts your marketing. Feel free to email them your promotions.
- Non-subscribed - a contact's email address has been recorded on your website during the purchase, but they have never subscribed to your newsletter, which means that we cannot send out promotional communication to them.
- Unsubscribed: customers used to be your subscribers, but unsubscribed from your email marketing manually. By Global Email Marketing Law, you cannot send any communication to them.
All new subscribers, who sign up for newsletters via Omnisend signup forms are immediately added as Subscribed contacts to your contact list. If you use any other signup forms, make sure you integrate them with Omnisend. if you use any other signup forms app, use API key to connect those with Omnisend.
If you are an old time user of Omnisend, you might be used to a contact status Removed. This used to be a list of all contacts that you have deleted directly, but with a possibility to restore them any time.
This status is no longer available, but no worries, you are all covered!
- We have created a segment All non-removed contacts, so when you send communication to your customers, make sure you always use that segment to skip the removed contacts.
- Use Contact tags to mark your contacts as removed. Mark your contacts with a tag Removed from everywhere > use a rule Tag is not Removed from everywhere in any new segment you create with Omnisend.
- If you have any segments already created on Omnisend, we have automatically added a rule to all existing segments Tag is not Removed from everywhere.
Have any additional questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.