Landing Page allows you to share a link on your social networks, website, blog, etc. Once a person clicks on that link, he/she will be redirected to a "Subscribe" page. An example of the signup page is displayed below.
Once a person enters an email address (or any other additional information) and presses "Subscribe", his/her email will be automatically added to the chosen segment.
Before you start
Landing page is one of the signup forms you get with your Omnisend account. To have your Landing page working, make sure you have the following:
- A working Omnisend account with either of payment plans
- You can collect subscriber consent for email or text messages communication, or both, with the Landing page form
- Your Landing Page link can be shared anywhere you like: social networks, your website, blog, etc., to invite your visitors to signup
To start setting up a Landing Page go to Forms tab > click Create Form > Landing Page. You will be able to choose and adjust the following things:
1. Theme. Name your signup form and choose a preferred design theme. Regardless of the theme you choose, all settings are the same for all Landing pages, so feel free to choose the one that suits you best. You will be able to edit the colors, texts, and images in the next step as well.
2. Content & Design. To switch between editing of content and design, click on the top buttons of the sidebar.
- Content. You can choose the preferred language of your landing page, upload your logo (.jpg, .png, and .gif formats), change the background image (if the chosen theme supports it; .jpg, .png, and .gif formats), change the pre-filled texts and messages, and add up to 5 fields in total (Standard and Pro feature). In case you add a very long description text, it is truncated and "MORE" button appears at the bottom of description. This allows your subscriber to read the whole text. You can change the texts of MORE and LESS buttons at Messages section on Content tab.
Your form will be set to collect email subscribers by default. If you wish, you can change the setting to collect SMS subscribers only, or to collect both, email and SMS subscribers.
Just enable the toggle on the right for the type of subscription you are trying to collect. You have a possibility to remove Required tick for one of fields, however one of the channels will have to be a required field for your client to fill in. This way, your client will confirm via which channel they allow you to get in touch with the promotional communication.
To ensure you are compliant with the different regulations, we provide you an option to enable a detailed consent collection for your Omnisend forms for GDPR (Europe) and TCPA (USA) purposes.
Click on the expansion sign and enable the detailed consent collection for the relevant regulation. The consent message will be added to your signup form.
- Once you have added your content and styling, you can check the success message view by clicking on "Success" at the top of the editing window (Form and Success).
- Check how your form looks on mobile, click the Mobile View icon at the bottom of the sidebar. Click SAVE & PROCEED to go to the next step of the setup.
3. Settings. This step allows you to change the following settings:
- Add a Tag to organize your new signups into segments (you can use existing tags or create a new one) and send targeted communication based on the segments you create. You can add as many different tags as you like, which will help you filter your contacts that subscribed using this form.
- Double Opt-in. This setting allows you to send a verification email after a new subscriber signs up. Learn more about double opt-in.
- Website Button. Add an URL you want your subscribers to land after a successful signup via your Landing Page. This is pre-filled with your store URL, but feel free to change it to anything else. To edit the button text, go back to Content & Design step and locate "Website button" under Messages.
- Facebook sharing options. Title, description, and image can be edited for sharing on Facebook.
- Landing Page availability. In case you want your Landing Page to run for a limited time only, you can set it to a limited availability. As a default the Landing Page is accessible indefinitely, but it can be changed to any future date. Once the set date comes, Landing Page turns off and "Message when form is no longer active" (edited at Content & Design step, Messages section) shows up.
4. Confirm & Launch. This last step is here to help you easily check, if everything you have setup is correct. You can jump to any setup part by clicking on Edit link next to each item. To start sharing your Landing Page, copy the link to your clipboard and click SAVE & ENABLE.
Note: If you wish to use advanced settings on your landing page, our Advanced settings of landing page article might be a little of help here. For more setting, we recommend using the developers tool to collect all the right selectors.
Omnisend forms and pricing
Here is what you get with the different types of Omnisend forms based on the different type of pricing plan you subscribe to: