Landing Page allows you to share a link on your social networks, website, blog, etc. Once a person clicks on that link, he/she will be redirected to a "Subscribe" page. An example of the signup page is displayed below.
Landing page sign-up form has a few severely distinct advantages over other sign-up forms provided by Omnisend.
- The customer doesn't need to visit your website to see this page. You may share the link to the Landing page in your emails, blog, and social media posts.
- This page lets you reach your customers with an alternative suggestion to subscribe or provide the consent. If your customer didn't leave his phone number or didn't provide the GDPR consent, the Landing page form can help you out.
- Landing Page form has more room for additional information sharing, as well as allows you to add custom CSS and HTML code. Find more information on the Landing Page advanced settings.
- It can trigger the Welcome automation for new subscribe, as well as the custom automation for every submission to the page.
1. Create a Landing Page sign-up form. To start setting up a Landing Page go to Forms tab > click Create Form > Landing Page.
2. Theme. At this stage, you can pick the layout of your Landing page, including the images and text placements relative to each other. You'll be able to change the images, colors, fonts, etc. as you move further.
3. Content & Design. To switch between editing of content and design, click on the top buttons of the sidebar.
Content. On this stage, you may change all of the content settings.
Here is the list of the contents you may edit:
- Select Language preset
- Upload Logo and change the image (if the chosen theme supports it)
- Change Headlines texts
- Add the description. If you add a very long description text, it is truncated, and the MORE button appears at the bottom of the description. You can change the texts of MORE and LESS buttons in the Messages section on the Content tab. You may also increase the size of the box to avoid automation truncation, find the example here.
- Enable opt-ins collection for Email and SMS channels. By default, all of the forms collect Emails opt-ins only. However, you may enable SMS channel opt-ins collection and even both at a time.
- Enable GDPR (EU) and TCPA (US) consents collection. To ensure you are compliant with the different regulations, we provide you an option to enable a comprehensive consent collection.
Apart from the opt-ins collection, Landing Page form allows you to set-up up to 5 input fields in total. Here, you may ask your customers to provide their personal data, also using custom properties for any particular questions.
Design. Under this section, you may change the appearance of the main blocks, change colors, fonts, borders, etc. We encourage you to play around and check out all of the options available.
For those of you who feel comfortable with modifying the code, we also prepared the ability to add CSS and HTML.
Once you have added your content and styling, you can check the success message view by clicking on Success at the top of the editing window (Form and Success).
- To check how your form looks on mobile, click the Mobile View icon at the bottom of the sidebar.
3. Settings. This step allows you to change the following settings:
- Add a Tag to organize your new signups into segments (you can use existing tags or create a new one) and send targeted communication based on the segments you create.
- Double Opt-in. This setting allows you to send a verification email after new subscriber signs up. Learn more about double opt-in.
- Website Button. Add an URL you want your subscribers to land after successful signup via your Landing Page. This is pre-filled with your store URL, but feel free to change it to anything else. To edit the button text, go back to the Settings step, and locate the "Website button" under Messages.
If you add a check-mark next to the Automatically redirect subscriber to my website, the customer will be redirected to the confirmation page in 5 seconds.
- Facebook sharing options. Applying changes to the Facebook sharing option will automatically adjust the content of the post when the link is posted. Jump to this section for a more detailed description.
- Landing Page availability. In case you want your Landing Page to run for a limited time only, you can set it to limited availability. As a default, the Landing Page is accessible indefinitely, but it can be changed to any future date. Once the set date comes, Landing Page turns off and "Message when form is no longer active" (edited at Content & Design step, Messages section) shows up.
4. Confirm & Launch. This last step is here to help you easily check if everything you have set up is correct. You can jump to any setup part by clicking on the Edit link next to each item. To start sharing your Landing Page, copy the link to your clipboard, and click SAVE & ENABLE.
Note: If you wish to use advanced settings on your landing page, our Advanced settings of landing page article might be a little help here. For more settings, we recommend using the developers' tool to collect all the right selectors.
In the Facebook sharing section of the Landing Page form editor, you may change the following settings:
- Facebook title
- Facebook description
- Facebook image
If you didn't add the image to the form, it would automatically pull the image used for the Landing Page background. However, adding the image to the Facebook sharing option lets you use another image.
The minimum recommended size for the image is 600 x 315 px. The dimension of the image will define how the form is rendered on the post.
Once the form is enabled in your Omnisend account, you should copy the link and paste it to the Facebook post. Once you paste the link, the title, text, and image will upload automatically.
Tip. If you don't want to show the link in the post, you may delete it right after you paste it to the post, and the image and text are loaded.
Later the whole area of the post will be clickable, so the visitor who clicks on the image or text in the post will be redirected to the Landing page. After submitting this form, the customer's information will be added to Omnisend, and he will trigger any automation with the appropriate trigger.
If you still have any questions or need any assistance, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.