Email Collection Bar (by Hextom) is a 3rd party app for Shopify stores which adds an email "Subscribe" bar to collect new email subscribers. Link Email Collection Bar with Omnisend and your new subscribers will conveniently appear in Omnisend lists.
- Get the Email Collection Bar app on Shopify Store and go to the Apps tab.
- Once in the app, click on the Integrations button.
3. Find Omnisend and click the drop down next to it.
5. Enter an Email address associated with your Omnisend account and an API key generated in Omnisend. Please make sure that the API key has a permissions to sync the lists and contacts.
6. After that, choose one Omnisend email list from the drop-down. If your Omnisend account was created after September 2019, you will see 5 Integration segment. After you choose one of these Segments, your contacts will be pushed to that list (you will be able to rename it in Omnisend).
If your account was created before September 2019, you would see one list only. On the same page, you may also choose to “Enable Omnisend Auto Sync,” and then click “Save” (please note ‘All subscribers’ list will not be shown).
That's it! All your new subscribers will appear in Omnisend All subscribers list.
After new subscriber is captured with Email Collection Bar, it will appear in Omnisend list after 2-10 minutes.
If you face any issues, for more guidance please check this article.
Data sync and automation triggering
Email Collection Bar passes only two pieces of data, your customer email address, and the opt-in date. Unlike other automation workflows, contacts passed by Email Collection Bar do not trigger Welcome automation.
To address this problem, you may create a Segment that only these contacts would meet.
- Subscribed to Email channel;
- Opt-in date is assigned;
- No Tags, unless you sync them to the Integration Segment.
If you choose to add these contacts to one of the Integration Segments, you may trigger the automation when the customer enters the Segment.