Did you know that 30% of subscribers change email addresses annually?
It is strongly recommended to delete the contacts who haven’t opened your emails (or interacted with your brand in other ways) in the last 12 months. Here’s why:
- They might have abandoned their inboxes,
- Those inboxes have been deleted (this causes hard bounces),
- Inactive user emails may be converted to Spam traps (which will negatively impact your campaign deliverability).
- They increase the price for the paid Omnisend subscriptions.
Luckily, you can search your list for subscribed contacts on Omnisend who have not opened a message from you recently, allowing you to delete those who aren't active members of your list.
- Go to Audience > click Create segment to create a segment based on your subscribers' email activity:
- not opened email campaign > in the last 12 months AND
- been sent email campaign > number of campaigns is at least (5, 10 or 20 campaigns, depending on how frequently you send. I.E if you send one email campaign a week, you can surely filter contacts who did not open email campaign in the last 12 months and been sent at least 20 campaigns. This will ensure your new contacts don't get into the segment.
2. Save the segment and you will find it under Saved segments.
3. Permanently delete those inactive contacts from your list:
To delete or unsubscribe the contacts you will need to go into the Saved segment you just created > select all contacts in that segment > click delete permanently/ unsubscribe. Make sure you are not only choosing just the 25 contacts on the first page you have.
That’s it. All inactive contacts are now deleted and your list is healthy and up to date.
Have any additional questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.