Product Recommender is a content block that allows you to automatically include your best sellers or latest products on your campaigns and automation emails. Using this content block on your campaigns or automated emails will automatically include your most recent products or best sellers.
Before you start
- Product Recommender is available for Omnisend users with Shopify or Bigcommerce integration
- It is available on Trial, Standard, Pro and Enterprise pricing plans
About Product Recommender
Product Recommender automatically pulls 2-4 products from your store - images, titles, descriptions, prices, and links to the product. You can also choose, which information should be included.
Product Recommender is refreshing every hour to ensure the latest information is pulled out from your store.
As recommended products are pulled at the most appropriate moment (to have the latest info), they do not appear on the editor but are automatically added to the email once it is sent out to the recipient. Recommended products are shown only in campaigns and not test emails or email preview.
To start using Product Recommender, head to either of your emails (a new campaign or a particular email on either of your automation workflows). Once you are on Content step, drag and drop Product Recommender content block from the right sidebar to your email.
Once you have your content block in place, you can start editing its settings.
Content tab enables you to:
- Choose the type of your Product Recommender:
Bestsellers - pulls products that are sold the most times in your store. For this setting to work, your store needs to have data on recent orders.
Newest products - pulls products that are recently added to your store. It acts upon the date when the product was published, not updated.
- Choose the information you want it to pull automatically each time (image, title, description, price, old price)
- Edit the title (shown above products, you can go ahead with something like "Our best sellers", "Our latest additions", etc.)
- Edit the button text (it is automatically prefilled with a link to that particular product)
Settings tab enabled you to:
- Change the number of products Product Recommender should automatically pull. You can choose to have 2, 3, or 4 products.
- Change content alignment and image settings
- Edit the style of the content block to best match your brand. You can edit this at your template design settings as well.
- Change the padding settings (spaces above and beyond this content block)
Once you are done, simply click Save & Close.