The majority of BigCommerce templates come with a default signup form at the bottom of the page. Depending on the template, this signup form might not automatically integrated with Omnisend and needs to be integrated manually.
Before you start
- This integration method allows you to collect email addresses, first names, and last names
- You need to have the signup form present on your website prior the integration
- This method does not provide you with a signup form, just integrates the one you already have
- Add a Tag in Settings to organize your new signups into segments (you can use existing tags or create a new one) and send targeted communication based on the segments you create
Eligible signup forms
This type of integration is only available to a certain type of signup forms and might not be a solution for all cases. It works on the signup forms, that are available as a part of your website template. Usually those signup forms are available on the footer of your website, but the exact placement is not that important in this case.
What is important, is that this form is a part of your website and is not provided by a third party. Omnisend is then able to locate it's code (sometimes automatically, sometimes with some manual help) and capture the signups.
Usually these signup forms look similar to the one shown below.
This article explains how you can integrate it on your BigCommerce store. If you are using Shopify or some other, refer to these articles:
- Integration of Shopify Newsletter Signup Form
- Integration of Newsletter Signup Form on Your Store Template
- a link to your store (if you are contacting via email or Facebook Messenger)
- instructions, how to find your signup form (a link, a screenshot or just directions)
Once you have provided this information, our team will be able to locate the signup form and integrate it from our end. This integration process is usually quick, but the need to involve the tech team might require you to wait up to 48 hours (if the request is done during the weekend).
Integrated signup form and GDPR
To be able to use this kind of integration and be in line with GDPR requirements, you should make sure that your subscribers are fully aware to what they are signing up and how their data will be used.
As we cannot collect subscriber consent via such integration (due to missing some crucial data), therefore you should make sure that your leads are informed about your use of collected data and that they approve such use. This is something that you need to have implemented from the store side, not Omnisend.
This does not apply to Omnisend provided signup forms (Popup, Signup Box, Wheel of Fortune, Landing page) as all of them are GDPR compliant.