In this article, we'll present the first session from our Onboarding series that will walk you through the following stages:
- Omnisend Integrations - connecting your store and third-party applications to your Omnisend account.
- Account set-up - changing the language and time zone, adding the sender’s email, adding logo and social links, billing info, working with multiple accounts in Omnisend.
- Migrating from other platforms - necessary actions for the successful migration
- Deliverability and Warming up - essential aspects of the Deliverability concept, starting your warm-up plan with Omnisend.
You can start from the video recording or look through the instructions provided below.
1. Omnisend Integrations
- Integrate your store with Omnisend
Before you can start using Omnisend, you need to connect your store or a website. The integration process for each of the platforms is different, so we recommend searching for the instruction for your store platform. If you cannot find the dedicated article you need to proceed with manual integration.
- Integrate third-party applications
When you choose to migrate to a different ESP we should make this transition as smooth as possible. If you were collecting your subscribers with a different application, or if you had another application running your loyalty program, in both cases, you should make sure you transfer your contacts and the data those apps have collected.
2. Account set-up
- Language & translations
You can always change the language in the Automation, Campaign, and Sign-up form settings, however, before you proceed, you may also set the default language and translations in your Store Settings. It will automatically apply the translation to all of the assets and save your time in the future.
- Time zone
By default, we set the time zone based on the address you provide to the registration form. If you choose to schedule your Campaign for later, it will be sent in the time zone specified in your account. To change the Time zone, proceed to Store Settings -> Contact information.
- Adding the sender’s email address
Before you can start sending Email Campaign or Automation workflows, you need to add and verify your email address.
- Adding logo and social links
If you add a default logo and social links to your account settings, you won't need to add the logo and link to each of your emails manually.
- Working with multiple accounts
In the Account Management page, you can see different online stores connected to your email. If you have more than one store, you can register it there. Note, if you register your stores under the same email address on the Account Management page, you will be able to use one credit card only. If you want to use the different credit cards, you need to register your stores under the various owner email addresses. Later the same user can be added to all of your accounts to get easy access and exchange your templates and automation workflows between different accounts.
- Adding billing information and upgrading your account
We grant you a 14 days Free Trial and downgrade your account to the Free plan when the trial expires. Therefore, you don't need to rush and upgrade your subscription right away. You can take your time and explore all of the features and once you are ready, proceed with the upgrade.
3. Migrating from other platforms
If you are just starting with online marketing, you may skip this section, but if you already had an account with a different service provider, you should make sure you transfer your data correctly.
4. Deliverability and Warming up
It is never to early to start working on your deliverability. When switching from one email marketing platform to another, the server used for sending your emails will change as well. Your new email servers are not allowed to send large numbers of emails in one go, so to make sure your emails get delivered to the right inboxes, sending volumes should be increased in increments over time.
During this starting period, service providers will be looking into your customers' engagement with your emails. If you send them to the most engaged category and receive a bunch of positive actions (opens, clicks) as opposed to bounces or spam reports, your sender's reputation will improve.
- Set everything up in your account to ease the use of the platform in the future
- Take the advantage of the 14 days Trial
- Warm-up if you are migrating from another service provider or have been collecting your contacts for quite some time
- Take a good regular care of your Contacts list
We already come to the end of this guide, where we looked into the general settings in your account. In the upcoming tutorials, we'll start creating different content, including Sign-up forms, Automation workflows, Campaigns, and more.
Here in Omnisend, we believe that the relevant marketing should be multi-channel. With the customer-centric approach, you should not only take care of the content of your promotions but also approach your customers through the communication channel they prefer. With all of that said we encourage you to check all of the channels, Omnisend has to offer.