Omnisend offers many different ways to provide discounts to your customers and the Discount content block is definitely the most friendly option. However, its functionality depends on the eCommerce platform that you use:
- an auto-generated discount code from Shopify and Bigcommerce, that is created automatically with the help of the Discount content block;
- a fixed discount code from other eCommerce platforms that are created manually on your store admin and inserted to the Discount content block.
In this article, we will focus on the second option, but if your store is on Shopify or Bigcommerce jump to the dedicated article.
Setup of a Discount content block
The discount content block is available in the editor in the Content step.
1. You will need to drag and drop it into your message if it's not added by default:
Note. Only one Discount Content block can be added to the email, if you already have one block, you won't be able to drag it to the email.
Once you add the block to the Email message content, you will see 2 (Email Campaign) or 3 (Automation workflow) tabs with different settings.
2. In the Content tab, you will find the general settings where the content of the Block can be changed.
For the eCommerce platforms other than Shopify and Bigcommerce, the discount code should be created manually. Before you add the discount to this block, you should generate it in your store admin. The settings defining the products to which this discount can be applied or the maximum number its redemptions should be set in your store admin too.
Link on the Discount content block
You may add a link to the Link input field and re-direct your customers to the specified page of your store after clicking on the Redeem button. It may be a home page, link to a certain collection, or even personalized link to the cart with the products your customer abandoned (valid for Abandoned Cart automation only).
If you don't add any link, the button on the block won't be shown.
3. In the Settings tab, you may define the design of the Discount content block. Make sure to explore all of the options, as you can change the colors, sizes, padding, button radius, and many more.
4. The Conditions tab is available for the Automation workflows only. Here, you may define the category of the customers that will see the Discount content block in the Email message.
5. Once you finalized your discount content block, click Save to save the changes and the discount content block will be ready to be shared with your customers!
Discount code is a great way of grabbing the attention of the new customers and at the same time, it is a nice way of showing appreciation to the returning and long time customers. It is now a lot easier to share discounts with your customers. Just add Discount content block to your message and send it their way!
Is it possible to offer a unique discount for my customers? The only solution to this problem is to upload the discount codes as custom properties to your customers' profiles. In that case, you could add the discount codes to your Email Campaigns with a personalization option.
How can I restrict the discount to one use per customer? We would recommend checking if your store platform offers the restriction for one use per email address.
If you have any questions or any assistance, do not hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com.