Specific Omnisend features, such as logging in, require your browser to accept third-party cookies (our email marketing platform works under omnisend.com domain).
Cookies are pieces of data stored by web browsers that websites and applications can use to remember a web browser from one request to the next. They allow features like shopping carts and user account logins to function.
Many web browsers make a distinction between first-party and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are created by the web server identified by the address shown the browser's address bar. Third-party cookies can be created when content is loaded from domains other than the one shown in the address bar (in our case - omnisend.com).
Some browsers allow users to decide whether or not the third-party cookies should be accepted. To configure your browser to allow third-party cookies, follow the instructions for your chosen browser.
- Go to Chrome's settings:
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Advanced:
In the menu of Privacy & security choose Content settings:
Click on Cookies:
Disable Block third-party cookies option:
- Go to Firefox'es Options and click Privacy.
- In History section choose Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Change Accept third-party cookies from Never to Always in the drop-down menu.
- Go to Opera's settings.
- Click Privacy & security. Uncheck Block third-party cookies and site data.
- Open Safari and in the top left corner of your screen click on Safari and select Preferences.
- In the preference window select the Privacy option and under Block cookies select Always allow.