Omnisend for Woocommerce is an integration that allows you to connect your Woocommerce store to your Omnisend account. It enables you to use all the data from your store to better segment your customers, automate your marketing, recover abandoned carts, automate upsell process, etc.
If you are not using Woocommerce currently, and your store is on Wordpress, please refer to our guide Omnisend for Wordpress.
Integrating Omnisend to Woocommerce
To integrate your Omnisend account to your Woocommerce website, you will need:
- Register an Omnisend account
- Have a working Woocommerce store
- Download our plugin for Woocommerce
- Install it on your store and follow its instructions. Learn more on how to install a plugin on this article under Manual Plugin Installation.
Installing the Woocommerce plugin - the benefits
Once you have your store connected to your Omnisend account via the plugin, you can get the access to the full package of Standard and Pro plans, including:
- Signup forms: Wheel of Fortune, Popup, Signup Box, and Landing Page,
- Automations: Welcome emails, Birthday emails,
- Subscribers list segmentation,
- Full reports of campaigns, signup forms and automations,
- Campaign Booster,
- Expanded subscriber list segmentation with enriched data,
- Abandoned Cart,
- Order Confirmation,
- Customer Reactivation,
- Order Follow-up,
- other Custom Automation Workflows,
- Product Picker.
Updating the plugin
If you already have an older version of the Omnisend plugin for Woocommerce, you may want to go through the following steps to update it.
- Copy the API key that is being used for this integration (available under My Account > Integrations & API > API keys)
- Deactivate and delete the old Omnisend plugin
- Install the new plugin version (Plugins > Add New > Upload)
- Activate the plugin
- Paste the previously copied API key
- Optional: choose a list you want to send your contacts to. If it is not chosen, they will all go to All subscribers by default.
Omnisend plugin for Woocommerce enables all Omnisend standard features. For custom automation workflows you might want to pass more additional information to your Omnisend account. To do that, you can use our open API. To learn more about the additional backend possibilities, please visit our API documentation.
Order status mapping
If you want to work with order based automations, it is important to understand how order statuses on Woocommerce are mapped to the ones on Omnisend. As both platforms have a bit different logic behind them, here's how we are mapping those statuses.
Paid order: paymentStatus = paid, fulfilmentStatus = any
Processing: paymentStatus = any, fulfilmentStatus = inProgress
Completed: paymentStatus = any, fulfilmentStatus = fulfilled
Pending: paymentStatus = awaitingPayment (this is the default Woocommerce order status after placing an order), fulfilmentStatus = any
Cancelled: paymentStatus = voided, fulfilmentStatus = any
Refunded: paymentStatus = refunded, fulfilmentStatus = any