We have a built in integration with Mailchimp to ensure you have a quick and easy migration from Mailchimp to Omnisend. Before removing Mailchimp integration, we recommend you to first transfer all data to Omnisend.
This guide will help you migrate over to Omnisend smoothly.
And more, we created our Mailchimp Migration Resources Hub for Shopify merchants, check it out to find all news about migration, new Mailchimp feature requests we are releasing, feature comparisons with Mailchimp or Klaviyo, and more.
If you wish to register for a live webinar, follow this link!
You will need to take the following steps to migrate to Omnisend:
- Integrate your e-commerce platform with Omnisend
- Migrate your subscribers from Mailchimp to Omnisend
- Migrate your email templates, signup forms and automation workflows
Integration of E-commerce Platform
You need to integrate your store to start benefiting from Omnisend e-marketing features. We can integrate with the following platforms:
- Custom API integration
- and other
The easiest way to integrate your Shopify store with us is to download Omnisend app in the Shopify app store and follow the instructions there. You will be redirected to Omnisend app asking you to create an account with Omnisend. You also have an option to integrate your Shopify store from the Omnisend account you created. Go to My Account > Connected Store and integrate your store.
To help you integrate with other platforms, we created a Store Connection section within our Help Center Integrations.
Note, only one store can be integrated with one Omnisend account.
Migrating Subscribers from Mailchimp
You can easily migrate all subscribers that you have collected in Mailchimp to Omnisend without a need to export them first and import from file later. Our built-in integration enables you to skip the selection of attributes step.
You will need to take the following steps to import your subscribers:
1. Generate an API key in your Mailchimp account.
2. Go to Omnisend account > Subscribers > Add subscribers
3. Choose Mailchimp > paste the API key you generated > click Continue
4. Select which lists you would like to import > click Import.
Watch this video to see a detailed step-by-step migration of subscribers from Mailchimp to Omnisend:
Or you can follow the steps in your own pace while reading Importing subscribers from Mailchimp article.
What is great, that you can import any custom data, tags you collected about your customers while using Mailchimp!
Migrating Templates, Forms and Automation flows
It is simple to recreate the contents you used in Mailchimp. With our user friendly tool you will be able to easily build your campaigns, signup forms and automation workflows. Follow links to our Knowledge base to learn more about different features we have and to find guides on how to set them up:
Recreating your contents will ensure that your have responsive and well working setup on Omnisend.
Nevertheless, if you cannot dedicate time to recreate all the email templates and other contents you created in Mailchimp we have two options for you:
- You can export HTML codes of your email templates and signup forms from Mailchimp and create your emails using our HTML content block; create Custom HTML signup forms
- Our team can help you migrate! Follow this link to sign up for the migration you are interested in.
Once you have completed all of the migration to Omnisend steps, you will be fully set to start benefiting from Omnisend e-commerce tool. You will be able to use:
- Automation workflows to send Welcoming emails, Product abandonment, Abandoned cart and a lot of other automation messages that will help you boost your sales.
- Unique omnichannel experience to reach a wider audience and to communicate to your customers via Facebook Messenger, SMS, Push Notifications and more.
- Manage your subscribers to send personalized targeted content by Segmenting you subscribers.
- Integrate with 3rd party apps, such as Smile, LoyaltyLion, Yotpo and more to use loyalty programs, shipping track, referral and more.
If I add a contact to a list in Mailchimp, is it added to Omnisend? Yes, if you add a subscribed contact to your list, it will be automatically synced to Omnisend during the next periodic sync. Note, it's a one way sync, contact added to Omnisend will not be synced to Mailchimp.
If I remove my subscribers in Mailchimp, are they removed from Omnisend? No, as long as you imported all of your subscribers from Mailchimp to Omnisend.
How often does Omnisend sync with Shopify orders? Orders sync with Omnisend real time.