Did you know that 30% of subscribers change email addresses annually?
It is strongly recommended to remove subscribers who haven’t opened your emails (or interacted with your brand in other ways) in the last 12 months. Here’s why:
- They might have abandoned their inboxes,
- Those inboxes have been deleted (this causes hard bounces),
- Inactive user emails may be converted to Spam traps (which will negatively impact your campaign deliverability).
- They increase the price of Standard and Pro monthly Omnisend subscription.
Luckily, you can search your list for subscribers (in Omnisend) who have not opened a message from you recently, allowing you to delete people who aren't active members of your list. This feature is available for our Standard and Pro plan users, Here's how to create a segment based on subscribers' email activity:
- Go to Subscribers -> Segments;
- Create a new segment (name it “Segment - inactive”) based on Subscriber email activity > Rule: not opened a campaign > any campaign > in the past 12 months. Now all your subscribers who have not been active longer than 12 months but still receive your emails got to one place - a segment of inactive subscribers. You should now unsubscribe them from your further communication.
- In your newly created segment go to View Subscribers tab.
- Check all email addresses and select the Delete permanently option from the drop-down menu.
That’s it. All inactive contacts were removed. You can now delete the Inactive segment and be sure that your list is healthy and up to date.
Have any additional questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.