With a 3rd party app Smile you can build your brand community with a rewards program. It makes it easy to design a loyalty program with points, referral and VIP rewards.
When you integrate Smile with Omnisend, you will be able to use custom properties to send personalized communication to each customer in your rewards program and segment your subscribers based on the information from your rewards program.
Before you start
Currently this integration is available for our Standard and Pro plan users.
You can now connect your Omnisend account with your Smile app account.
- Go to My account > Connected Apps and click Connect new App
2. Find Smile on the list and click Connect
3. Click Authorize Access to begin your integration
4. You will be redirected to Smile app, enter your log-ins to proceed
5. Once you are in Smile, authorize Omnisend App integration
6. You will be redirected back to Omnisend app and get a success message to inform you about the successful integration.
You also have an option to connect Smile with Omnisend, you just need to download Omnisend app in your Smile account:
1. Navigate to App store in your Smile account and select Omnisend from the list
2. Click Install button
3. You will then be redirected to Omnisend app, asking you to sign in. Click Authorize access to authorize the integration
4. You will have to authorize Omnisend integration in your Smile account
5. You will be redirected back to Omnisend app and get a success message to inform you about the successful integration.
How it works
With this integration Omnisend will create custom contact properties for your subscriber data in Smile:
- Property name “smile_points_balance” is equal to customer points balances in Smile
- smile_referral_url - Smile’s customer referral URL
- smile_date_of_birth - Smile’s customer date of birth
- smile_customer_states - Smile’s customer states possible values:membercandidatedisabled
- smile_tier_name - VIP tier names, i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold
- smile_tier_id - VIP tier ID
We will synchronize real time data only from Smile. To push historical data to Omnisend you will need to make a manual export from Smile and then manually import the data to Omnisend. Just make to leave the unsubscribed contacts as is during the import!
⚠️ Currently Birthday automation is not sending and our team is already working on the solution