If you want to integrate Omnisend with another system (e.g. 3rd party contact form), you can pass data to Omnisend (or get data) via our API. With every request, we require using API key for authorization purposes.
Create API key
You can create an API key by clicking on your account icon and API keys. Hit Create API key.
Enter a title for an API key and choose the permissions it should have. There are two main options:
1. This API key will only allow adding new subscribers. This permission allows:
- to get only the titles (using this API call) and IDs of all subscriber lists in the particular Soundest account (no actual subscribers can be downloaded or edited). List ID is required in order to add a new subscriber.
- to add new subscribers (using this API call).
2. Setting up custom permissions for this API key. The permission allows to access this data:
- Campaigns (allows to download reports, lists of recipients)
- Lists (allows to create, edit, download, delete lists)
- Contacts (allows to create, edit, download, delete subscribers)
- Orders (allows to create, edit, download, delete orders)
- Products (allows to create, edit, download, delete products)
- Carts (allows to create, edit, download, delete carts)
These additional permissions are useful when you're doing a deep integration of Omnisend to your store, not just integrating a third party tool for a particular feature. To learn more about API integration, see our documentation.
Permissions are created for security reasons. You can create a different combination of the permissions, for example, a key which has access only to List data and cannot reach Contacts (Subscribers) and Campaigns.
That's it. You have created an API key.
If you decide there are any changes needed to the permissions of a particular API key, keep in mind that it takes up to 5 minutes for those changes to reflect.
Useful resource - Full Soundest API documentation.