This functionality will allow you to tailor the content of your emails dynamically, based on the information available in your customers' profiles.
When you need to send some specific details to a certain group of customers, you no longer need to design many different workflows, set-up different trigger, and cancellations. With conditional content blocks, only one email with information relevant to each of your customers needs to be designed.
Setting the condition for the content block
In your content blocks settings, except for the Content and Design tab, you will be able to change the condition of the block and decide whether it should be displayed to all customers or a custom group.
- All contacts - is the default option showing the content block to all customers without differentiation.
- Custom contacts - allows you to choose for what contacts this block will be displayed.
After selecting the Custom contacts option, the rule for your contact filtering has to be specified. In the drop-down menu, you will see the list of all properties available in your customers' profiles.
After selecting the rule (property) for your customers' filtering, you need to specify what value this property should be assigned to the customers for which this block will be shown. For example, if you want to filter the content of the email message based on the Country, you will need to enter the name of the country to the Input field.
In the example presented above, the content block will be shown to the customers from either one of these countries. If you need to filter your customers based on the different values of the same parameter, the OR operator needs to be used. When connecting two different rules, both of which need to be satisfied use AND operator.
When you need to exclude some of the values, or your rule needs to be less strict, one of the following rules can be used:
Important to know
You can apply different conditions to all of the blocks available in the editor, except for the ones that cannot be deleted:
- Order (in the Order Confirmation and Shipping Confirmation presets)
- Billing and shipping (in the Order Confirmation and Shipping Confirmation presets)
Since these two blocks are obligatory for the Order Confirmation and Shipping Confirmation presets, it is not possible to hide them in these email presets. But you can create the custom workflow with the same trigger and change their conditional settings there.
In test emails and the preview conditions of the blocks won't be checked, and all of the blocks will be displayed. At the moment, it is better to test this functionality by triggering the workflow in the store. If you face any difficulties, feel free to contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
It is only a part of a big conditional content initiative. So watch out for new, even more, exciting features to be released!
You can use this feature to send different emails to the customers based on the information you have just collected.
- If you are using the sign-up forms to ask your customers about their preferences, you can account for the information they provide when sending your Welcome automation.
- In the Abandoned Cart sequence, you can send your Free Shipping discount to the customers from some countries only.
- In Valentine’s day promotional newsletter a special offer to the customers whose name is Valentine can be sent, and only these customers would see it.