Wheel of Fortune is one of the signup forms provided by Omnisend. It is an interactive way to collect subscribers by offering them to spin a wheel and win a discount (or anything else you would like to offer) in exchange to their signup.
Before you start
Wheel of Fortune is one of the signup forms you get with your Omnisend account. To have your signup form working, make sure you have the following:
- A working website with Omnisend snippet present. If you have Shopify, Bigcommerce or are using one of our plugins (like Magento, Prestashop), then your snippet is already there. If you are on custom API integration, refer to step 2 of this guide.
- Omnisend account with Trial, Standard or Pro payment plans.
- Go to Forms > All Forms > Create Form. You will be then brought to the setup wizard. Choose Wheel of Fortune there.
- Theme. Name your signup form and choose a preferred design theme and layout. Currently Wheel of Fortune offers one theme, which can be later on edited. More themes are coming in the future.
- Content & Design. To switch between editing of content and design, click on the top buttons of the sidebar.
- Content. You will be able to choose the preferred language, upload your logo, change the background image, edit the headlines, manage the wheel slices (more on wheel slices settings read here), change the labels of the signup form fields, add up to 5 fields in total.
- Design. In the design section you can change the widget position (where it appears on the screen), customize the styling of the theme by changing overlay and background colors, text styling, widget styling, and button styling. Custom CSS is also allowed, although this is only recommended for advanced users who know CSS well.
- You can remove Omnisend branding, remove the close button, make the popup Google friendly on mobile (read more here) and enable or disable the signup form on mobile.
- Once you have added your texts and styling, you can preview the success message by clicking on "Success" at the top of the editing window or check how your widget looks before the full signup form appears (Form, Success, Widget). To check, how your form looks on mobile, click the Mobile View icon at the bottom of the sidebar. See both examples in the image below.
- Click SAVE & PROCEED to go to the next step of the setup.
4. Settings. This step allows you to change the following settings:
- Add a Tag to organize your new signups into segments (you can use existing tags or create a new one) and send targeted communication based on the segments you create. You can add as many different tags as you like, which will help you filter your contacts that subscribed using this form.
- The timing when the form will appear (Immediately, after viewing a particular amount of pages, after spending a particular amount of time on a page, after scrolling a particular amount of page, or trying to leave the page (read more about our exit-intent technology)
- Targeting to particular visitor groups (All visitors, targeting by page URL (e.g. https://yourstoreurl.com/contact), targeting by part of page URL (e.g. /dresses/ - which would work on all pages that include /dresses/ in the URL)). Feel free to combine several URLs to make sure you show the form on more than one page.
- Limits when will the form be displayed again for the non-subscribed visitors (after hours, days, weeks, months)
5. Confirm & Launch. This last step is here to help you easily check, if everything you have setup is correct. You can jump to any setup part by clicking on Edit link next to each item.
6. Click SAVE & ENABLE to launch the Wheel of Fortune or SAVE & CLOSE, if you want to get back to it a bit later.