Wheel of Fortune is one of the signup forms provided by Omnisend. It is an interactive way to collect subscribers by offering them to spin a wheel and win a discount (or anything else you would like to offer) in exchange for their signup.
Before you start
Wheel of Fortune is one of the signup forms you get with your Omnisend account. To have your signup form working, make sure you have the following:
- A working website with Omnisend snippet present. If you have Shopify, Bigcommerce, or are using one of our plugins, like Magento, then your snippet is already there. If you are on custom API integration, refer to step 2 of this guide.
- You can collect subscriber consent for email or text messages communication, or both, with the Wheel of fortune form.
- Wheel of Fortune is available on Trial, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise payment plans.
- Go to Forms > All Forms > Create Form. You will be then brought to the setup wizard. Choose Wheel of Fortune there.
- Theme. Name your signup form and choose a preferred design theme and layout. Currently, Wheel of Fortune offers one theme, which can be later on edited. More themes are coming in the future.
- Content & Design. To switch between editing of content and design, click on the top buttons of the sidebar.
- Content. You will be able to choose the preferred language, upload your logo, change the background image, edit the headlines, manage the wheel slices (more on wheel slices settings read here), change the labels of the signup form fields, add up to 5 fields in total.
Your form will be set to collect email subscribers by default. If you wish, you can change the setting to collect SMS subscribers only or to collect both, email and SMS subscribers.
Just enable the toggle on the right for the type of subscription you are trying to collect. You have a possibility to remove Required tick for one of the fields, however, one of the channels will have to be a required field for your client to fill in. This way, your client will confirm via which channel they allow you to get in touch with the promotional communication.
To ensure you are compliant with the different regulations, we provide you an option to enable a detailed consent collection for your Omnisend forms for GDPR (Europe) and TCPA (USA) purposes.
Click on the expansion sign and enable the detailed consent collection for the relevant regulation. The consent message will be added to your signup form.
- Design. In the design section you can change the widget position (where it appears on the screen), customize the styling of the theme by changing overlay and background colors, text styling, widget styling, and button styling. Custom CSS is also allowed, although this is only recommended for advanced users who know CSS well. See our CSS-guide for the Wheel Slices customization.
- You can remove Omnisend branding, remove the close button, make the popup Google-friendly on mobile (read more here) and enable or disable the signup form on mobile.
- Once you have added your texts and styling, you can preview the success message by clicking on "Success" at the top of the editing window or check how your widget looks before the full signup form appears (Form, Success, Widget).
- Check, how your form looks on mobile, click the Mobile View icon at the bottom of the sidebar. Click PROCEED to go to the next step of the setup.
4. Settings. This step allows you to change the following settings:
- Add a Tag to organize your new signups into segments (you can use existing tags or create a new one) and send targeted communication based on the segments you create. You can add as many different tags as you like, which will help you filter your contacts that subscribed using this form.
- Use Double opt-in to prevent spam bots from using the forms.
- The timing when the form will appear (Immediately, after viewing a particular amount of pages, after spending a particular amount of time on a page, after scrolling a particular amount of page, or trying to leave the page (read more about our exit-intent technology).
- Targeting to particular visitor groups (All visitors, targeting by page URL (e.g. https://yourstoreurl.com/contact), targeting by part of page URL (e.g. /dresses/ - which would work on all pages that include /dresses/ in the URL)). Feel free to combine several URLs to make sure you show the form on more than one page.
- Limits when will the form be displayed again for the non-subscribed visitors (after hours, days, weeks, months).
5. Confirm & Launch. This last step is here to help you easily check if everything you have set up is correct. You can jump to any setup part by clicking on the Edit link next to each item.
6. Click SAVE & ENABLE to launch the Wheel of Fortune or SAVE & CLOSE, if you want to get back to it a bit later.
Sign-up form performance
Old vs New website visitors
By default, the widget for the Wheel of Fortune form is shown to all website visors, new and old. Since the form is intended to collect new visitors opt-ins, it doesn't allow the old ones to rotate the wheel and will show "Thank you! You're already subscribed to this list!" message.
To solve this problem, we may only recommend changing the message for already subscribed customers to something like: "We have a special discount for our loyal customers 😉".
Omnisend doesn't automatically generate the code displayed on the winning slices. If you wish to show different discount codes on the winning slices, you should create them in your store admin and add to the Slices. As a result, all of the customers will see the code from the Slices where the rotor has landed. Find the instruction here.
If you have any questions, reach out to our Support team!