The official Omnisend extension for Magento 2:
- Download the extension for Magento 2 in the official Magento Marketplace
- Install it on your Magento 2 store (you might need developer's help so go ahead and ask it).
Configuration of the extension
There are 3 steps you need to complete in order to successfully connect Omnisend and Magento:
- Add an Omnisend code snippet to your Magento 2 store (it enables features like web tracking, forms, product pickers, etc.)
- Add an Omnisend API key to the Magento Extension
- (Optional) Map order Magento Order Statuses with Omnisend order and fulfillment statuses
Adding an Omnisend snippet
To begin, make sure you have created an Omnisend account. If you don’t have it yet, register here.
Once you have your Omnisend account and are on it, click Connect Store (this button is visible in multiple places of the Omnisend interface). You will be brought to the integration wizard and should follow these steps:
- Choose Magento 2
- Enter your store’s URL (IMPORTANT: make sure that the store is reachable from external websites. Localhost will not work. Omnisend crawler will visit your store and check it for verification purpose) and click Add snippet.
- Go to Magento 2 Admin panel > Content > Design > Configuration > Edit Store View > Footer > Miscellaneous HTML. Paste Omnisend snippet there and save changes.
- In Magento 2 Admin go to System > Tools > Cache Management and click Flush Magento Cache.
- Back in Omnisend account, click Verify & Connect button.
- Wait until you see the success message. If you got an error, please make sure that your online store is publicly accessible.
Adding an Omnisend API key to the Magento Extension
1. You can create an API key by going to Store settings in your Profile menu > Integrations & API > API key > click Create API key.
2. Keep all the permissions checked when creating the API key.
3. Click Save and copy the generated API key.
4. Go to Magento 2 admin panel > Stores > Omnisend > General and paste the API key.
5.After you’ve completed all the steps above, set Enabled Data Synchronization Using Cron Jobs and Enable Real Time Data Synchronization to Yes. These two settings will start sending data to Omnisend.
- Click Save Config button in the top right corner of your Magento 2 admin panel.
(Optional) Mapping your store’s order statuses with Omnisend order statuses
A large part of Omnisend functionality is based on orders and their statuses (e.g. an Order follow-up email is sent when the order is complete). Since Magento offers a flexible and very customizable structure of order statuses, you’ll probably need to map your statuses with Omnisend’s statuses to ensure smooth experience.
- In Magento 2 admin panel’s left sidebar, go to Omnisend > Omnisend Order Statuses
- Then you’ll see a table of various statuses:
- Status column represents order statuses in Magento store
- Payment status shows how Omnisend will treat those order statuses from a payment perspective. E.g. if in Magento order status is cancelled, Omnisend will treat it as voided.
- Fulfillment status shows how Omnisend will treat Magento’s order statuses from the order fulfilment perspective.
If you want to add new Magento statuses, click New Omnisend Order Status button in the top right corner. The list of Omnisend order statuses is final and you can check it here à full reference to Omnisend order and payment statuses.
Getting started with Omnisend
Here are the resources for you to get started with Omnisend:
If you have questions, feel free to contact us via email@example.com.