With Omnisend you can have multiple users in one account with different roles assigned to access and manage different parts of your account. We support tiered user roles and that allows us to restrict access for specific users in your account.
In this article, you will learn what different user roles are available on Omnisend and how you can add and manage users on your account.
Before you start
There are a few things to remember before you start using the User roles management feature:
- User roles work for the account created and not the store registered. This means that one user with the assigned role on your account will be able to access all stores registered on that account.
- Each user will have a unique username and password for the login
- Tier user roles will allow you to restrict the certain levels of access within your account
- Users can have different roles on different accounts
- Users on one account will have access to the multiple stores registered under that account
- Only one Owner can be assigned to the account
- Only Owner and Admin roles can access and manage your account details
- Only Owner and Admin roles can add and manage user roles on the account
More, the number of users is limited by the account’s pricing plan:
- Free, Starter and Trial plans can have one user;
- Standard plan - 3 users;
- Pro plan - 5 users
- Enterprise - unlimited number of users
Available user roles
- Owner - owners have full account access and receive all important notifications related to the account. By default, the first person that creates Omnisend account is assigned as the owner. Only one owner can be assigned to the account.
- Admin - admins as well as owners have full account access. However, admins do not receive important notifications related to the account and their access to that account can be changed or revoked.
- Manager - managers can access all core features in the account. However, they cannot export contacts or access/manage account-related information and account users.
- Analyst - analysts have view access to the audience, campaigns, forms, and automation sections for statistics and reporting purposes. They cannot create and send campaigns/automation messages.
- Campaign Coordinator - campaign coordinators can create and send campaigns and automation. They have limited access to the audience section though - can create or edit segments, but cannot see or export the contacts. Can view forms, but not make changes or create any new signup forms.
- Content Creator - has limited permissions to only create or edit the campaigns and automation workflows. They cannot send and schedule the messages (only test emails). Content creators can view the saved segments, but cannot see or export the contacts. Content Creator does not have access to Forms or Reports tabs.
Adding new users
1. Navigate to Account management > Users > click Add user
2. Enter user’s email address > select the role > click Confirm
3. If the user you are adding already has an Omnisend account, he will be immediately added to your account with a role you just selected.
If the user you are adding does not have an Omnisend account yet, you will need to add additional details: password, name and last name > click Confirm again
That's it, the user will be added!
Important note: when you add a new or an existing user to your account, the user will not get a separate email or notification from Omnisend. So make sure you share the password with the user you just added. After being added, users can just log in to the Omnisend account and access your stores connected to that account.
Managing user roles
1. In Account management page find the user you want to manage > click Manage role
2. Select the new role for your user > click Confirm
1. In Account management page find the user > click Revoke access
2. Confirm the action and that user will no longer be able to access your account
Have any questions? Our Customer Support Team is available 24/7.