Do you have more than one store connected to Omnisend? There may be instances when you would like to copy the content you prepared from one store to another. With Omnisend you can copy your templates and automation workflows between the different stores you have.
In this article you will learn how to transfer your flow to another store on Omnisend.
Before you begin
Key things you need to know before you start copying your automation workflows:
- You have to have a paid Omnisend plan to copy the workflow over. Automation feature is available on Trial, Standard, Pro and Enterprise plans.
- User using the feature needs to have the necessary permissions (Owner, Admin or Manager role) to copy the automation. If you don't have the proper permissions, you will not be able to copy the workflow over. For more information about user roles refer to User roles management article.
- The user will be able to copy the flows among the different stores he has access to. This can be done between two stores registered under one account or stores registered on different Omnisend accounts.
To copy the automation workflow from one store to another follow the steps bellow:
1. Navigate to Automation tab > find the automation flow you would like to copy > click Copy from the drop-down menu
2. In the modal you can choose to Duplicate the flow in the same store or copy the flow to the destination store. To do the latter, choose the destination store from the drop-down menu and click Copy
3. You will be redirected to the destination store immediately and the editorial for the copied flow will open up.
The flow was copied! A success message will inform you about the successful action. Just note, that not all of the information might transfer, so keep reading to find out what you need to check after the automation was copied.
Data that will not transfer
When you copy your automation flow, not all of the data will be copied. We will leave some of the fields blanks, such as brand specific data, some triggers, etc.
Here is a detailed list of the things that will not be copied:
- Brand specific information - Sender's name (email & SMS messages) and Sender's email
- Destination URL and Custom link for Push notification messages
- Custom link for Facebook messenger messages
- Automation flow specific information:
- Product/Collection purchased and Order/Product tag trigger rules
- Segment, Custom event as a trigger
- Form/ Abandoned product / Page URL as trigger rule
- Add and Remove tag in automation
- Audience filter
We will show the error message for missing information after the flow was copied:
Once you make all the final touches to the flow, enable it to get the best benefits of Omnisend automation. Changes made to the original flow will not be reflected in the copied flow and vice versa.
Reach out to Support team if you have any questions!