The option to Copy the workflow has hidden value, as it lets you create a copy in the same account and also copy your flows between different accounts that you can access.
In this article, you will learn how to transfer your flow to another store on Omnisend.
Before you start
Key things you need to know before you start copying your automation workflows:
You have to have a paid Omnisend plan to copy the workflow over. Automation workflows are available on Trial, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise plans.
The user using the feature needs to have the necessary permissions (Owner, Admin, or Manager role) to copy the automation. For more information on user-roles management, refer to the User roles management article.
The user will be able to copy the flows among the accessed stores, including those registered under the same owner and those where you only have the same user.
You can copy the automations between accounts on different e-commerce platforms. Just make sure you adjust the trigger accordingly.
To copy the automation workflow from one store to another, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Automation tab -> find the automation flow you would like to copy -> choose Copy from the drop-down menu
2. In the modal, you can choose to Duplicate the flow in the same store or copy the flow to the destination store. To do the latter one, choose the destination store from the drop-down menu and click Copy.
The flow was copied! The popup message will inform you about the successful action. Just note that not all of the information might transfer, so keep reading to find out what you need to check after the automation was copied.
Data that will not transfer
When you copy your automation flow, not all of the data will be copied. We will leave some of the field blanks, such as brand-specific data, some triggers, etc.
Here is a detailed list of the things that will not be copied:
Brand-specific information — Sender's name (email & SMS messages) and Sender's email
Destination URL and Custom link for Push notification messages
Automation flow specific information:
- Product/Collection purchased and Order/Product tag trigger rules
- The segment, Custom event as a trigger
- Form/ Abandoned product / Page URL as trigger rule
- Add and Remove tag in automation
- Audience filter
We will show the error message for missing information after the flow was copied:
Once you make all the final touches to the flow, enable it to get the best benefits of Omnisend automation. Changes made to the original flow won't be reflected in the copied flow and vice versa.