Omnisend for Wordpress is an integration that allows you to connect your Wordpress site to your Omnisend account. This enables you to use all the data from your website to better segment your customers, automate your marketing, and more.
Integrating Omnisend to Wordpress
To integrate your Omnisend account to your Wordpress website, you will need:
- Register Omnisend account
- Have a working Wordpress website
- Download our plugin for Wordpress
- Install it on your site and follow the instructions on it. Learn more on how to install a plugin on this article under Manual Plugin Installation.
Installing Woocommerce plugin - the benefits
Once you have your site connected to your Omnisend account via the plugin, you get access to features including:
- Signup forms: Wheel of Fortune, Popup, Signup Box, and Landing Page,
- Automation: Welcome emails, Birthday emails,
- Subscriber list segmentation,
- Full reports of campaigns, signup forms and automation,
- Campaign Booster,
- Expanded subscriber list segmentation with enriched data,
- Custom Automation Workflows,
However, at this point some of the Standard and Pro features will not be working as Wordpress does not have the cart functionality.
Updating the plugin
If you already have an older version of Omnisend plugin for Wordpress, you want to go through the following steps to update it.
- Copy the API key that is being used for this integration (on My Account)
- Deactivate and delete the old Omnisend plugin
- Install the new plugin version (Plugins > Add New > Upload)
- Activate the plugin
- Paste the copied API key
- Optional: choose a list you want to send your contacts to. If it is not chosen, they will all go to All subscribers as per default.
Omnisend plugin for Wordpress enables all standard features. For custom automation workflows you might want to pass more additional information to your Omnisend account. To do that, you can use our open API. To learn more about the additional backend possibilities, please visit our API documentation.