Omnisend for Woocommerce is an integration that allows you to connect your Woocommerce store to your Omnisend account. It enables you to use all the data from your store to better segment your customers, automate your marketing, recover abandoned carts, automate upsell process, etc.
If you would like to connect your Wordpress store to Omnisend, you will need to have a Woocommerce plugin or use Custom integration.
Integrating Omnisend to Woocommerce
To integrate your Omnisend account to your Woocommerce website, you will need:
- Register an Omnisend account
- Have a working Woocommerce store
- Download our plugin for Woocommerce
- Install it on your store and follow its instructions. Learn more on how to install a plugin on this article under Manual Plugin Installation.
Benefits of Woocommerce plugin
Once you have your store connected to your Omnisend account via the plugin, you can get the access to the full package of Standard and Pro plans, including:
- Signup forms: Wheel of Fortune, Popup, Signup Box, and Landing Page,
- Automations: Welcome emails, Birthday emails,
- Subscribers list segmentation,
- Full reports of campaigns, signup forms and automations,
- Campaign Booster,
- Expanded subscriber list segmentation with enriched data,
- Abandoned Cart,
- Order Confirmation,
- Customer Reactivation,
- Order Follow-up,
- other Custom Automation Workflows,
- Product Picker
- Product Abandonment (from module 1.6.0)
Updating the plugin
If you already have an older version of the Omnisend plugin for Woocommerce, you may want to go through the following steps to update it.
- Copy the API key that is being used for this integration (available under Store settings > Integrations & API > API keys)
- Deactivate and delete the old Omnisend plugin
- Install the new plugin version (Plugins > Add New > Upload)
- Activate the plugin
- Paste the previously copied API key
Note: Your contacts will be send to All contacts list and for all newly added and updated contacts via WooCommerce, we will add a tag “source: woocommerce”. That way you will be able to create a segment and filter the list of contacts that were added from WooCommerce. Just create a segment on Profile data where tag is “source: woocommerce”.
Learn more about segments here.
Omnisend plugin for Woocommerce enables all Omnisend standard features. For custom automation workflows you might want to pass more additional information to your Omnisend account. To do that, you can use our open API. To learn more about the additional backend possibilities, please visit our API documentation.
Order status mapping
As the two platforms have a different logic behind them, to work with order based automations it is important to understand how order statuses on Woocommerce are mapped to the ones on Omnisend:
Important note: if you use transfer payment options (such as PayPal, credit card, etc), you will need to set Order confirmation trigger to order status changed. If your payment option is cash on delivery, the trigger should be set as order placed. If you use both payment options, you will need to have two confirmation workflows to capture all your orders:
- Order confirmation immediately when the order is created (cash on delivery and awaiting payments) - trigger Order placed
- Order is paid to confirm your store has received the payment - trigger Order status changed