Zapier is an online automation tool that allows you to connect favorite apps, such as Google Forms, Unbounce, Sumo (and 1000+ other) with Omnisend. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration.
Thanks to the integration between Omnisend and Zapier, you can push new subscribers straight to your Omnisend lists (while contact acquisition is handled by other 3rd party tool). Here are several ideas how you can make use of Omnisend and Zapier:
- A new subscriber fills in the Google Form and that subscriber automatically is sent to your Omnisend subscribers list
- A new subscriber acquired via Sumo popup? Not a problem! That can be automatically sent to Omnisend too
- Connect Facebook Lead ads and seamlessly push new subscriber data to Omnisend
Before you begin
- Integration with Zapier currently supports the passing of email address info along with a first name, last name, and phone number
- This feature is available for all Omnisend customers regardless of ecommerce platform in use
- This feature is available for all Omnisend customers on all pricing plans
- This integration requires to have Omnisend and Zapier accounts as well as an account of another tool you want to integrate Omnisend with.
- Zapier is a third party solution and has a separate pricing.
Connecting Omnisend to Zapier
Connecting Omnisend to Zapier (creating a Zap) consists of 3 main steps:
- Creating a trigger
- Creating an action
- Enabling the Zap
First, log in to your Zapier account and click on Make a Zap!.
Every Zap consists of at least two elements:
- The trigger (e.g. a subscriber was captured by a popup)
- The action ( e.g. send the subscriber data to Omnisend).
Currently, Omnisend supports one action, Create a Subscriber. So if you acquire a new lead with some 3rd party tool/app, you can then send its data to Omnisend.
1. Create a trigger
In triggering section, choose a tool/platform that you use to collect subscribers. Please, keep in mind that currently Omnisend cannot be added as a trigger. In the example below, we'll use Leadpages.
Then choose the action that is related to new subscriber. For example:
Then, follow Zapier's instructions and connect the account (e.g. Leadpages). All further steps of setting up the action are different and depend on the 3rd party platform itself, so please, follow all Zapier's steps until the Action is properly configured.
2. Create an action
Now it's Omnisend's turn. You need to configure your Zap so that all new subscribers would be sent to us. First, you need to choose an Action App. Search for Omnisend.
And then choose the Action itself. Currently, we support one action, Create a Subscriber. Click Continue.
The next step is to connect an Omnisend account. Click the Connect an Account button.
In order to properly connect Omnisend to Zapier, you'll need to create an API key in Omnisend with Contacts and Lists custom permissions and then paste it to Zapier's interface.
Here's where you need to paste the API key (the window below appears after you click the Connect an Account button). Click Yes, Continue.
After that, press Save + Continue.
Next step: mapping fields. You need to choose which particular fields (data) from a 3rd party tool must be sent to Omnisend. Currently, we support the following subscriber fields sent via Zapier:
- Email (required)
- First name
- Last lame
- Phone number
Additionally, you can choose which list should those contacts be sent to. Please not, that if the List field is empty, new subscribers will be stored in the All Subscribers list of Omnisend.
To map a particular field, click the button next to a field (see the screenshot below).
What you'll see is the list of all possible fields that a 3rd party tool can send over to Zapier (and then you can send it to Omnisend).
In the example below, we're trying to configure the Email field (of Omnisend). So naturally, you should pick the Email value from the Leadpages drop-down.
If you want to send a new subscriber to multiple Omnisend lists at once, hit the Plus button here:
After you have completed mapping fields, save the changes and test it.
3. Enable the Zap
Once you are done with the setup, don't forget to finally enable the Zap. As a default all Zaps are disabled upon creation.