ShipStation is a 3rd party app that will help you make importing, managing, & shipping your customers' orders efficient.
When you integrate Omnisend and ShipStation together, you will be able to reach the right customers with the personalized content based on the shipping information that ShipStation tracks.
Before you start
- The integration is available on Standard, Pro, and Enterprise plans.
- Integration with ShipStation will allow you to trigger the workflow when orders are shipped and let you add personalized information to the content of the message.
Here is how you can integrate ShipStation with Omnisend:
1. Go to Store settings in your Profile menu > click Connected Apps and click Connect new App
2. Find ShipStation on the list and click Connect
3. To connect with ShipStation, enter your unique ShipStation API Key and API Secret and click Connect. Check the instruction provided by the ShipStation.
That’s it! A custom event in Omnisend App is created and will be triggered as soon as the order is shipped via ShipStation.
How it works
Once the ShipStation app is connected, Omnisend will trigger the following event:
ShipStation Order Shipped - the event will be triggered for the email address associated with that particular order in ShipStation, once the package is shipped.
- Recipient Name - the name of the person receiving the shipment.
- Recipient Address - address where the shipment will be delivered to.
- Tracking Number - shipment tracking number.
- Carrier Name - the name of the carrier delivering the shipment, i.e. FedEx.
- Shipping Service - shipping service option assigned to the shipment, i.e. FedEx Standard Overnight.
- Ship Date - the date when the shipment was shipped.
This integration automatically, adds a custom event to your Omnisend account.
Later, this event can be used in the Automation workflow trigger settings.
Later, in the trigger filter or in the Conditional Split settings, you may target your automation based on the custom properties this application is passing.
For example, in the screenshot attached below, we are sending different messages based on the shipping service.
Custom properties may also be used to insert personalized information for each of your customers. You may add your customers' profile data and the information passed by ShipStation to any of your messages.
Is it possible to add a tracking link? No, unfortunately, it is not possible. Alternatively, you can trigger different messages based on the carrier with links to each of the services. You may also check the structure of the Tracking link and append personalized tracking number to it.
Is it possible to trigger the workflow based on different Shipment status? Currently, ShipStation is passing the Order Shipped event only. Alternatively, you may want to check some other applications having direct integration with Omnisend or those that can be integrated via Zapier.