Gleam is a 3rd party rewards-and-competition app designed to help you grow your business. This integration is available for all Omnisend users and for Gleam users who use Pro plan and above.
1. Get the Gleam app on Shopify
2. Open the application and go to Store Settings > Integrations > turn on Omnisend > paste API key. We recommend you to enter a Tag: “source: gleam” so that you could identify the contacts that came to Omnisend from Gleam.
3. Get your Omnisend API key. Navigate to Store settings in your Profile menu > Integrations & API > API key > click Create API key
4. Create a New Key and use the API key settings as below:
5. Add 'Subscribe to a Newsletter' as one of the ways to enter your Gleam Competition.
6. Then click the 'Add email integration' and provide the Omnisend API key you've created. Also, we highly recommend adding the 'source: gleam' tag. So, you'll be able to identify the contacts that came to Omnisend from Gleam
That's it! Integration is enabled and every time a new customer will enter your Gleam competition his/her email address will be passed to Omnisend along with the tag that you've added.
What data can be passed to Omnisend
If you want to pass some other fields except email addresses to Omnisend, you'll need to map them manually using Gleam's Custom Field Mapping feature.
Here's an example of how you can map your phone number, zip, and other default Omnisend properties. You just need to select the name of the label from your form to map it to the Omnisend field:
Then click Accept. Also, you can test by entering test contact details in the 'Send Test Contact' menu:
If you want to map some properties that don't have equivalent in Omnisend, you can map all of them using the 'custom properties' field in the Custom Field Mapping menu:
Keep in mind, the custom property name that is passed to Omnisend is the same as the name of the label in Gleam. That's why you can't use multiple words with a space between them. If you ask 'what's your favorite color', you need to add '_' between all the words. Otherwise, the custom property won't have the correct format and contact won't be passed at all.