ReCharge is a 3rd party app that makes it easy to sell subscriptions on your Shopify store. It is ideal for refillable consumables, subscribe and save models, and subscription boxes.
When you integrate ReCharge with Omnisend, you will be able to send targeted campaigns and trigger automated email flows based on all of your ReCharge customer activity.
Before you start
Currently, this integration is available for our Standard, Pro, and Enterprise plan users who have a Shopify store.
Here is how you can integrate the ReCharge app with Omnisend:
1. Go to Store settings in your Profile menu > click Connected Apps and click Connect new App
2. Find ReCharge on the list and click Connect
3. Click Authorize Access to begin your integration
4. Click Install to authorize Omnisend app integration with ReCharge
Nice job! When the integration is complete, you will be redirected back to your Omnisend account and get the following success notification
How it works
Custom events will be created and triggered by ReCharge to Omnisend in real-time. Note, historical data will not be uploaded to Omnisend.
Available custom events:
- recharge_started_subscription - when new subscription was created
- recharge_updated_subscription - existing subscription was updated, i.e. address, interval, etc.
- recharge_cancelled_subscription - subscription was canceled
- recharge_activated_subscription - subscription was activated after being canceled
Available custom event fields, that you can use to personalize the message:
- Item Name = product_title
- Variant = variant_title
- Price = price
- Quantity = quantity
- Order Interval Unit = order_interval_unit
- Order Interval Frequency = order_interval_frequency
- Cancellation Reason (only for cancelled_subscription event) = cancellation_reason
IMPORTANT - order confirmation workflow is triggered each time the subscription order is submitted. If you have a separate workflow created for ReCharge new subscriptions, you will need to make an adjustment to the standard order confirmation workflow so that those clients would not receive two messages on the same order:
Open your regular Order confirmation workflow > Select + Add rule > Select Order Tag is not Subscription First Order.
This rule means that orders with such tags would not trigger the regular order confirmation workflow. Read more about ReCharge order tags.
IMPORTANT - checkout abandonment automation workflow currently will not work with ReCharge products as expected. It will be triggered but links to subscription products or to checkout flow will not work. Fix for this issue is coming soon, we recommend not to use an abandoned cart with Recharge products at the moment.
You can send a message to your customer when the subscription was started/updated/canceled/activated using personalized information from the custom event fields.