Zapier is an online automation tool that allows you to connect favorite apps, such as Google Forms, Unbounce, Sumo and 1000+ other with Omnisend. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration.
Thanks to the integration between Omnisend and Zapier, you can push new contacts straight to your Omnisend audience (while contact acquisition is handled by other 3rd party tool) or fire custom events based on the trigger you set. Here are several ideas how you can make use of Omnisend and Zapier:
- A new contact fills in the Google Form or is acquired via Sumo popup? Not a problem! That subscriber is automatically sent to your Omnisend contacts list
- Use custom property to differentiate the different sources via which your contacts sign-up, so that you can create separate segments for each of the sources and send different welcome emails based on the segments you created
- Connect Facebook Lead ads and seamlessly push new subscriber data to Omnisend
- Trigger automation workflow based on any custom event, i.e. send follow up emails each time clients fill in survey
Before you start
- All contacts fields (default and custom properties) could be passed to Omnisend via Zapier. Please note, email field is required.
- Available for all Omnisend customers regardless of the e-commerce platform or pricing plan you use
- This integration requires to have Omnisend and Zapier accounts as well as an account for the 3rd party app you would like to integrate Omnisend with.
- Zapier is a third party solution and has a separate pricing.
Every Zap consists of at least two elements:
- The trigger (e.g. a subscriber was captured by a popup)
- The action ( e.g. send the subscriber data to Omnisend).
Connecting Omnisend to Zapier
Connecting Omnisend to Zapier (making a Zap) consists of 3 main steps:
- Creating a trigger
- Creating an action
- Enabling the Zap
First, log in to your Zapier account and click on Make a Zap!.
1. Create a trigger
In triggering section, choose a tool/platform that you use to collect subscribers. Please, keep in mind that currently Omnisend cannot be added as a trigger. In the example below, we'll use Leadpages.
Then choose the action that is related to new contact. For example:
Then, follow Zapier's instructions and connect your 3rd party app account. All further steps of setting up the action are different and depend on the 3rd party platform itself, so please, follow all Zapier's steps until the Trigger is properly configured.
2. Create an action
Currently, Omnisend supports two actions:
- Trigger Custom Event. Trigger custom automation workflows to your customers coming from 3rd party app/tool.
- Create a Subscriber. If you acquire a new lead with some 3rd party tool/app, you can then send the data to Omnisend right away.
First, you need to configure your Zap so that all new subscribers would be sent to us. First, you need to choose an Action App, so search for Omnisend.
Then choose Omnisend Action Click Continue.
The next step is to connect an Omnisend account. Click the Connect an Account button.
In order to properly connect Omnisend to Zapier, you'll need to create an API key in Omnisend with Contacts and Events custom permissions and then paste it to Zapier's interface.
Go back to Zapier, paste the API key and click Yes, Continue.
After that, press Save + Continue.
You need to choose which particular fields (data) from a 3rd party tool must be sent to Omnisend. Currently, we support the following all subscriber fields sent via Zapier.
To use custom properties user needs to:
- enter name without spacing, this will be used in Omnisend app after prefilled “zapier_“ text, i.e. zapier_[users_entered_name}
- enter custom properties value or select it from the available parameters
To map a particular field, click the button next to a field (see the screenshot below).
You will see a full list of all possible fields that a 3rd party tool can send over to Zapier, such as contact status, name, birth date, opt-in date and many more. Select the fields you wish to send to Omnisend. By choosing a status, you will have a possibility to mark your new contact as subscribed, unsubscribed, non-subscribed or removed.
In the example below, we're trying to configure the Email field (of Omnisend). So naturally, you should pick the Email value from the Leadpages drop-down.
Add a Tag, if you wish to group your contacts and send them to a specific segment (list). If you want to send your new subscriber to multiple Omnisend semgents at once, hit the Plus button and add more tags:
Learn more about working with contact tags and organizing your contacts here.
If you wish to add a custom property, you will need to name it and choose a relevant value from the drop-down list:
You can also enable sending of Welcoming message to the Zap you created!
After you have completed mapping all of the fields, save the changes and test it.
Trigger custom event
To trigger custom events you need to:
- Select a custom event that should be already created in your Omnisend account
- Enter the email value for which subscriber your custom event should be triggered
- Enter custom fields system name (must match Omnisend custom event fields system name) and select the value that this field should have (optional)
3. Enable the Zap
As a default all Zaps are disabled upon creation. Once you are done with the setup, don't forget to finally enable the Zap to start triggering actions in Omnisend!