AfterShip is a 3rd party app that provides shipment tracking and proactive delivery updates. The app offers customers automatic status tracking of their purchases and helps to further engage customers after sales.
When you integrate AfterShip with Omnisend, you will be able to send personalized targeted content to your customers based on the shipping status AfterShip tracks.
Before you start
Currently this integration is available for our Standard, Pro and Enterprise plan users.
Here is how you can simply request AfterShip integration with Omnisend:
1. Go to Store settings in your Profile menu > click Connected Apps and click Connect new App
2. Find AfterShip on the list and click Connect
To connect with AfterShip you will need to paste your unique Omnisend URL into AfterShip.
3. Click Enable AfterShip and your webhook URL will be generated
4. Copy your unique webhook URL
5. Sign-in to your AfterShip account; navigate to Settings > Triggers > Webhooks and click Add Webhook URL
6. Paste webhook URL and click Add
7. Select checkbox Any Updates in the status table and click Save
That’s it! Custom events in Omnisend App are created and will be triggered accordingly.
How it works
Once you enable AfterShip app, the following custom events can be created and triggered each time in your Omnisend account:
- AfterShip Info Received - shipment information is created/received in AfterShip. Tracking URL and tracking number is available to use in personalization
- AfterShip In Transit - shipment is in transit. Latest location information is available to use in personalization.
- AfterShip Out for Delivery - shipment is in a last delivery phase, i.e. waiting for a pick up.
- AfterShip Delivered - shipment is successfully delivered. Signed By field is available to use in personalization.
- AfterShip Failed Attempt - is triggered when shipment couldn’t be delivered, i.e. no one was at home.
- AfterShip Exception - is triggered when shipment status is changed by courier to exception.
Possible use cases
AfterShip integration will allow you to send custom workflow emails with detailed and personalized information about your contacts' order shipment statuses, i.e.:
- Order is about to be shipped
- Order is in transit
- Order is out for delivery
- Order was delivered
- Order experienced failed delivery attempt
- Your order has a delivery exception