AfterShip is a 3rd party app that provides shipment tracking and proactive delivery updates. The app offers customers automatic status tracking of their purchases and helps to further engage customers after-sales.
When you integrate AfterShip with Omnisend, you will be able to send personalized targeted content to your customers based on the shipping status AfterShip tracks.
Before you start
- Currently, this integration is available for our Standard, Pro, and Enterprise plan users.
- Integration with AfterShip will allow you to trigger Custom events and you will be able to send communication to your customers using Personalization feature in Omnisend.
Here is how you can simply request AfterShip integration with Omnisend:
1. Go to Store settings in your Profile menu > click Connected Apps and click Connect new App.
2. Find AfterShip on the list and click Connect.
To connect with AfterShip you will need to paste your unique Omnisend URL into AfterShip.
3. Click Enable AfterShip and your webhook URL will be generated
4. Copy your unique webhook URL.
5. Sign-in to your AfterShip account; navigate to Settings -> Triggers -> Webhooks and click Add Webhook URL.
6. Paste webhook URL and click Add.
7. Select checkbox Any Updates in the status table and click Save.
That’s it! Custom events in Omnisend App are created and will be triggered accordingly.
How it works
Once you enable AfterShip app, the following custom events will be created in your Omnisend account:
- AfterShip Info Received - shipment information is created/received in AfterShip. Tracking URL and tracking number is available to use in personalization
- AfterShip In Transit - shipment is in transit. The latest location information is available to use in personalization.
- AfterShip Out for Delivery - shipment is in the last delivery phase, i.e. waiting for a pick-up.
- AfterShip Delivered - shipment is successfully delivered. Signed By field is available to use in personalization.
- AfterShip Failed Attempt - is triggered when shipment couldn’t be delivered, i.e. no one was at home.
- AfterShip Exception - is triggered when shipment status is changed by courier to the exception.
Each of these events will carry certain information that can be added to the content of your messages with a personalization feature.
You may find these events in your Omnisend account settings by navigating to Profile menu -> Store Settings -> Integrations & API -> Custom events. You may see the short overview of the event in the screenshot presented below:
Later, these events can be used to trigger the Automation workflows in Omnisend.
After specifying the primary trigger in the workflow settings, you may also target your automation based on the information passed with the event and use it in the Trigger filter or the Split block settings. It is extremely useful for some of the integrations, but since the integration with AfterShip has different Events for each of the order statuses, you may not find it as useful.
Nevertheless, these data may be in handy when writing the content of your messages.
All of these data can be added to the Email message as well. For example, the Tracking Link can be added to the corresponding button:
If you have any questions or any assistance, do not hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.