ReCharge is a 3rd party app which makes it easy to sell subscriptions on your Shopify store. It is ideal for refillable consumables, subscribe and save models, and subscription boxes.
When you integrate ReCharge with Omnisend, you will be able to send targeted campaigns and trigger automated email flows based on all of your ReCharge customer activity.
Before you start
Currently this integration is available for our Standard and Pro plan users who have a Shopify store.
Here is how you can integrate ReCharge app with Omnisend:
- Go to My account > Connected Apps and click Connect new App
2. Find ReCharge on the list and click Connect
3. Click Authorize Access to begin your integration
4. Click Install to authorize Omnisend app integration with ReCharge
Nice job! When the integration is complete, you will be redirected back to your Omnisend account and get the following success notification
How it works
Custom events will be created and triggered from ReCharge to Omnisend in real time. Note, historical data will not be uploaded to Omnisend.
Available custom events:
- recharge_started_subscription - when new subscription was created
- recharge_updated_subscription - existing subscription was updated, i.e. address, interval, etc.
- recharge_cancelled_subscription - subscription was canceled
- recharge_activated_subscription - subscription was activated after being canceled
Available custom event fields, that you can use to personalize the message:
- Item Name = product_title
- Variant = variant_title
- Price = price
- Quantity = quantity
- Order Interval Unit = order_interval_unit
- Order Interval Frequency = order_interval_frequency
- Cancellation Reason (only for cancelled_subscription event) = cancellation_reason
IMPORTANT - order confirmation workflow is triggered each time the subscription order is submitted. If you have a separate workflow created for ReCharge new subscriptions, you will need to make an adjustment to the standard order confirmation workflow so that those clients would not receive two messages on the same order:
Open your regular Order confirmation workflow > Select + Add rule > Select Order Tag is not Subscription First Order.
This rule means that orders with such tag would not trigger the regular order confirmation workflow. Note, Subscription First Order tag will become visible when at least one order with this tag is available in Shopify. If you do not have such orders you can edit the existing ones by adding Subscription First Order tag or creating a new order manually using the mentioned tag. Read more about ReCharge order tags.
IMPORTANT - checkout abandonment automation workflow will not be triggered for ReCharge checkout. This feature is coming soon.
You can send a message to your customer, when the subscription was started/updated/canceled/activated using personalized information from the custom event fields.