Product Picker is a tool that helps you add the products to your emails directly from the store. Everything, the product's image, description, price, and the link to the product can be passed automatically.
Before you start
- Product Picker can be used in both Email Campaigns and Automation workflows;
- Automation workflows can be used on the Free Trial and paid plans only. Find more information on Omnisend pricing.
Using the Product Picker
There are a few ways to start using the Product Picker in your Email Campaigns and Automation workflows.
First of all, you can click on the Start Picking button that will automatically add the Product listing block with all of the products you have selected.
You may also add the Product Listing block first and then choose to fill it with products.
Product Picker settings
Before you start picking the products in your store, you may also choose what and how the information should be displayed.
Here you may choose:
- the number of the products displayed in a single row (up to 4 products can be shown);
- the information about the products, including product photo, title, description, current and old price;
- name of the button with the link to the product's page;
- price format (ex. 10000.00; 10, 000.00; 10000,00; 10 000,00);
- currency format (ex. $100, 100 $, 100 USD, USD 100, 100);
- choose whether you want to hide decimals for the whole number or not.
When happy with the settings, click on START PICKING it to start the picking process.
Once you click on the button, you'll be brought to the store with a small Product Picker tool displayed in the right corner of the screen. Then go to the page of the product you want to add and click on the "+" button.
To add more products, go to another product page and repeat.
Voilà! Products that you have selected are added to the newsletter.
Even after the products are added to the email, you may still change the block layout in the editor.
If you don't want to show the Old price or the description of the product, you may simple empty the field out.
⚠️ Message unexpected error occurred
If you get an error message that an "unexpected error occurred" while using our Product picker, we just recommend trying to use the tool in the Incognito window of your browser. If you find that recommendation helpful, try clearing cache and cookies. Once you do that, the Product picker will work swiftly!
⚠️ Product Picker doesn't work on Safari or Chrome
Try disabling Prevent cross-site tracking feature in the browser settings (Preferences > Privacy). Same for Chrome, Settings > Privacy&Security > Cookies and site data.
⚠️ Product Picker is shown on my website even after I picked the products
The Product picker tool would never be displayed on your customer's side, so no worries about that. To fix the problem, try using a different browser or clear cache and cookies in your current browser.
If you still have any issues, please send us the email to email@example.com with the full description of the problem and your browser version.