LoyaltyLion is a 3rd party app that helps you create a data-driven loyalty and engagement program for your brand to increase customer retention and spend.
When you integrate LoyaltyLion with Omnisend, you will be able to engage with your customers via monthly loyalty emails, get new customers from referral emails and increase repeat purchases with reward available emails!
Before you start
Currently this integration is available for our Standard and Pro plan users.
You can integrate LoyaltyLion with Omnisend in two ways:
Integration flow via Omnisend
1. Go to Store settings in your Profile menu > click Connected Apps and click Connect new App
2. Find LoyaltyLion on the list and click Connect
3. Click Authorize Access to begin your integration
4. You will then be directed to LoyaltyLion, Log in and Authorize Omnisend app integration
Once authorized, you will be redirected back to your Omnisend account and get a notification about the successful integration!
Integration flow via LoyaltyLion
1. In your LoyaltyLion account navigate to App store > select Omnisend
2. Click Install integration button
3. You will then be redirected to Omnisend app. Sign in and click Authorize access. A success message twill inform you that you have successfully connected LoyaltyLion with Omnisend.
How it works
Contacts' custom properties will be created and will start to synchronize from LoyaltyLion to Omnisend in real time. Note, historical data will not be uploaded However, you can do it manually by extracting your contacts from LyaltyLion and importing them to Omnisend. While doing so, be certain to map contacts custom properties accordingly:
- LoyaltyLion approved points: LoyaltyLion_points_approved
- LoyaltyLion pending points: LoyaltyLion_points_pending
- LoyaltyLion spent points: LoyaltyLion_points_spent
- LoyaltyLion number of rewards claimed: LoyaltyLion_rewards_claimed
- LoyaltyLion date enrolled in program: LoyaltyLion_enroll_date
- LoyaltyLion referral URL: LoyaltyLion_referral_url
- LoyaltyLion loyalty Tier: LoyaltyLion_loyalty_tier
- LoyaltyLion birthday: LoyaltyLion_birthday
- LoyaltyLion insights segment: LoyaltyLion_insights_segment
- You can send emails using LoyaltyLion points available to communicate to customers who are close to their next reward and encourage them to complete an activity.
- Send an email using LoyaltyLion referral URL to encourage referrals thereby increase your customer acquisition.
- Target customer groups based on their loyalty information e.g. loyalty program members vs non-members.
- Send an email to improve customer engagement - segment customers using loyalty insights: most loyal customers, the ones at risk and the ones that need winning back.
- Personalize emails by including loyalty information, such as approved points, total points, post purchase emails, etc.
Importing historical data from LoyaltyLion
- In LoyaltyLion app navigate to Customers > click Export > check that your email address is filled > click Export
- When the export is complete, you will receive an email from LoyaltyLion - click Download customer export
- In your Omnisend account navigate to Subscribers > select the list to which you would like to upload your contacts from LoyaltyLion.
- Open Add subscribers tab > click Import subscribers from file> click Browse and select file which you have downloaded from LoyaltyLion
- Select the fields you would like to import accordingly:
- Email - Email address
- Points_approved - LoyaltyLion_points_approved
- Points_pending - LoyaltyLion_points_pending
- Points_spent - LoyaltyLion_points_spent
- Loyalty_tier_name - LoyaltyLion_loyalty_tier
- Enrolled_at - LoyaltyLion_enroll_date
- Birthday - LoyaltyLion_birthday
- Referral_url - LoyaltyLion_referral_url
- Rewards_claimed - LoyaltyLion_rewards_claimed
6. Select not to import first row > confirm if all of those contacts gave permission to receive newsletters > click Continue
Your import will start immediately and you will be notified when it is complete!