Easyship is a 3rd party app that is designed to manage every aspect of your shipping from getting a quote to tracking, all in one dashboard.
When you integrate Omnisend and Easyship, you will be able to reach the right customers with the personalized content based on the shipping information that Easyship tracks.
Before you start
- Currently, this integration is available for our Pro and Enterprise plan users.
- Integration with Easyship will allow you to trigger the workflow on different stages of the order shipment, and let you add personalized information to the content of the message.
Here is how you can simply integrate Easyship with Omnisend:
1. Go to Store settings in your Profile menu -> click Connected Apps and click Connect new App
2. Find Easyship on the list and click Connect:
3. To connect with Easyship, you will need to paste your unique access token from Easyship for us to be able to access your account information. To do that, follow these steps:
a) In your Easyship account navigate to Connect - New integration -> select API Integration.
b) Enter your integration name, i.e. Omnisend, -> click Connect.
c) The new integration will be created, so expand its Production API settings -> copy the Access token.
d) Paste the Access token to Omnisend.
4. Next, you will need to create a new webhook in Easyship so that all the data related to clients' shipment updates would be sent to your Omnisend account. To do that, follow these steps:
a) In your Easyship account Connect section open Webhooks > click Add new webhook.
b) Copy your unique webhook URL from Omnisend which is displayed when connecting Easyship
c) Paste the webhook URL in Easyship while creating the new webhook
d) Select event types: shipment.cancelled, shipment.label.created and shipment.tracking.status.changed -> then click Create.
5. When webhook is created, copy your Easyship webhook’s secret key.
6. Paste the Easyship webhook’s secret key in Omnisend.
7. Activate newly created webhook in Easyship App -> click Save.
7. Click Connect Easyship integration in Omnisend
You will get a success message to inform you, that the app was connected successfully. The Custom events in Omnisend App will be created and will be triggered accordingly.
How it works
Once Easyship App is enabled, custom events are created in Omnisend. Those will be triggered accordingly:
- EasyShip Label Created - once the label for the shipment is created;
- EasyShip Status Changed - once the status of the shipment is changed in Easyship;
- EasyShip Shipment Canceled - once the shipment is canceled.
More, all of the events have custom fields that could be used for the personalization of the messages:
- Shipment status
- Easyship shipment id
- Recipient name
- Destination address line 1
- Destination address line 2
- Destination postal code
- Destination city
- Destination state
- Destination phone number
- Destination email
- Origin country
- Destination Country
- Courier Name
- Min Delivery Time
- Max Delivery Time
- Tracking URL
- Tracking Number
You may find these events in your Omnisend account settings by navigating to Profile menu -> Store Settings -> Integrations & API -> Custom events. You may see the short overview of the event in the screenshot presented below:
Later, these events can be used to trigger the Automation workflows in Omnisend.
After specifying the primary trigger in the workflow settings, you may also target your automation based on the information passed with the event and use it in the Trigger filter or the Split block settings. For example, you can have single automation with the trigger set to EasyShip Status Changed and an arbitrary number of the workflow for any of the Shipment statuses.
⚠️ Make sure the Frequency setting of the trigger is disabled so that the same customer could enter the workflow every time the shipment status updates.
Also, make sure you have different flows for each of the statuses. You can't use the Split block if the order status doesn't change right away.
Custom properties may also be used to insert personalized information for each of your customers. You may add your customers' profile data and the information passed by ShipStation to any of your messages.
All of these data can be added to the Email message as well. For example, the Tracking Link can be added to the corresponding button:
If you have any questions or any assistance, do not hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.