Google Customer Match lets you use your online and offline data to reach and re-engage with your customers across Google search, Shopping, Gmail, and YouTube. Using information that your customers have shared with you, Customer Match will target ads to those particular customers and the similar customers like them.
Omnisend allows you to connect Google Ads account to be used with Customer Match and sync your contact segments to it to help you easily set accurate and targeted ads.
Before you start
- To access the features of this integration, you’ll need an active Google account with an access to Google Ads. Omnisend does not create an account for you automatically. Sign in to your Google Ads account here.
- Only one Google account can be connected to one Omnisend account at a time. If you have more than one Google Ads accounts on the same email address, you will not able to connect them to Omnisend. You can create Google Ads account on a separate email address to resolve this issue.
- Only merchants with over 50,000 USD total lifetime spend and at least 90 days of history in Google Ads can qualify to create Customer match audiences. Read the policy from Google to find out the full list of requirements that apply to Customer Match.
- The feature is available for Omnisend Pro and Enteprise plan users.
Connecting the app
- Go to Store settings > Connected Apps > Connect new app.
2. Choose Google Ads Customer Match from the list and click Connect.
3. Authorize the access to your Google Ads account. We need this permission to be able to push the chosen contact segments to your Google Ads Customer Match. Click Authorize access to proceed.
4. Sign in with the Google account that manages your ads and continue with info submission.
Once you have properly submitted the info and authorized the access, you will be brought back to Omnisend and asked to choose the account. Once you are done, your Google Ads Customer Match app will show up as connected.
Connection process is now done and you can start syncing your segments!
Once you have connected your Omnisend and Google Ads Customer Match accounts you just need to create a segment on Omnisend and synchronize it with your Customer Match.
If you wish to re-target your customers via Google Ads, you can create the segment as below with rules Order placed is at least 1 and Order date is in the last 360 days:
Learn more about creating different contact segments here.
Once you have your segment ready, choose Sync segment to Google and choose which contacts you want to sync (
Your segment will start the initial sync and will update automatically whenever new contacts are on it.
You can now start showing and sending targeted ads to the specific group of contacts within Google Ads, Gmail and Youtube.
Can I connect my Google Ads account to multiple Omnisend stores/accounts?
No. One Google Adwords account can not be connected to multiple stores/accounts on Omnisend.
Can I sync only subscribed contacts to Google?
Google ads customer match can be used to sync any status of your contact. You can simply choose which status (subscribed, unsubscribed or non-subscribed) should be included while creating a new customer audience and that will be synced to your Google account. When you click on Sync segment to Google, a pop up will let you choose what contact statuses you wish to sync.
⚠️ Google Ads is not working as expected
- Check if you meet all Google Ads Customer Match requirements indicated by Google.
- Check if you have permissions in your Google Ads account to create new audiences and/or use the data in the audiences. When you update the permissions, the sync should work smoothly.
If the issue persists, we recommend to re-install Google Ads Customer Match app in your Omnisend account. If re-installing does not help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our technical team will help you resolve the issue.