Google Customer Match lets you use your online and offline data to reach and re-engage with your customers across Google Search, Shopping, Gmail, and YouTube. Using information that your customers have shared with you, Customer Match will target ads to those particular customers and customers similar to them.
Omnisend allows you to connect Google Ads account to be used with Customer Match and sync your contact segments to it to help you easily set accurate and targeted ads.
Before you start
- To access the features of this integration, you’ll need an active Google account with access to Google Ads. Omnisend does not create an account for you automatically. Sign in to your Google Ads account here.
- Only one Google account can be connected to one Omnisend account at a time. If you have more than one Google Ads accounts on the same email address, you will not be able to connect them to Omnisend. You can create a Google Ads account on a separate email address to resolve this issue.
- Only merchants with over 50,000 USD total lifetime spend and at least 90 days of history in Google Ads can qualify to create Customer match audiences. Read the policy from Google to find out the full list of requirements that apply to Customer Match.
- The feature is available for Omnisend Trial, Pro, and Enterprise plan users.
Connecting the app
- Go to Store settings > Connected Apps > Connect new app.
2. Choose Google Ads Customer Match from the list and click Connect.
3. Authorize access to your Google Ads account. We need this permission to be able to push the chosen contact segments to your Google Ads Customer Match. Click Authorize access to proceed.
4. Sign in with the Google account that manages your ads and continue with info submission.
Once you have properly submitted the info and authorized the access, you will be brought back to Omnisend and asked to choose the account. Once you are done, your Google Ads Customer Match app will show up as connected.
The connection process is complete and you can start syncing your segments!
Once you have connected your Omnisend and Google Ads Customer Match accounts you just need to create a segment on Omnisend and synchronize it with your Customer Match.
In Omnisend, we always emphasize on the importance of the multi-channel approach to your customers. The more your customers hear about your brand, the higher your chances of converting them to buyers.
In Omnisend, you may set-up a variety of different Segments that could help you target your ads more precisely.
- Segment contacts based on their profile data. The information collected by Omnisend may tell you more about your customers, including their addresses, birthdate, custom information you have collected with Omnisend.
- Segment contacts based on their engagement with your emails. If your customer doesn't engage with the email messages you send, it might be a perfect time to attract their attention with Google ads. You may target customers that were active recently or those that didn't engage in a while. You may even check what type of messages your customers engage with.
- Segment contacts based on their purchase behavior. This type of Segmentation will give you the power of targeting your ads to your VIP clients those that purchase frequently or those that spent a certain amount in your store.
Let's try to set-up a Segment using a combination for the re-engagement Campaign.
Learn more about creating different contact segments here.
Once you have your segment ready, choose Sync segment to Google and choose which contacts statuses to sync:
The Segment will be synced to your Google Ads Customer Match account and update automatically, in other words, the customer that places the order, is removed from the inactive contacts Segment.
You can now start showing and sending targeted ads to the specific group of contacts within Google Ads, Gmail, and Youtube.
Can I connect my Google Ads account to multiple Omnisend stores/accounts?
No. One Google Adwords account can not be connected to multiple stores/accounts on Omnisend.
Can I sync only subscribed contacts to Google?
Google Ads Customer Match can be used to sync any status of your contact. You can simply choose which status (subscribed, unsubscribed, or non-subscribed) should be included while creating a new custom audience and that will be synced to your Google account. When you click on Sync segment to Google, a pop up will let you choose what contact statuses you wish to sync.
⚠️ Google Ads is not working as expected
- Check if you meet all Google Ads Customer Match requirements indicated by Google.
- Check if you have permissions in your Google Ads account to create new audiences and/or use the data in the audiences. When you update the permissions, the sync should work smoothly.
If the issue persists, we recommend to re-install Google Ads Customer Match app in your Omnisend account. If re-installing does not help, please contact email@example.com and our technical team will help you resolve the issue.