Facebook Custom Audiences is an ad targeting option that lets you find people who already know your business on Facebook. You can use sources like customer lists, engagement on Facebook or website or app traffic to create Custom Audiences.
Omnisend allows you to connect your Facebook account and sync your contact segments to your Custom Audiences. This allows you to easily set accurate and targeted ads.
Before you start
- To access the features of this integration, you’ll need an active Facebook account that manages at least one Facebook Page. This integration doesn’t add a signup form or post to your personal Facebook profile.
- Have your Facebook Ads Manager connected to Facebook Business Manager
- When you set up the integration, you must approve each of the Facebook’s permission requests.
- You can also connect your Facebook account to Omnisend to create Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns. The connection process is the same as for Facebook.
- This feature is only available on Pro plan.
Connecting the app
Go to Connected Apps or Store settings > Connected Apps > Connect new App.
Choose Facebook Custom Audiences from the list and click Connect.
Authorize the access to your Facebook account. We need this permission to be able to push the chosen lists and segments to your Facebook Custom Audiences. Click Authorize access to proceed.
You will be brought to Facebook app and asked to provide Omnisend with your name and profile picture. Click Continue as (your profile name) to proceed.
Once you submit all information and authorize the access, your Facebook Custom Audiences app will show up as connected in Omnisend. Connection process is now done and you can start syncing your segments!
Syncing lists and segments
Once you have connected your Omnisend and Facebook Custom Audiences accounts you just need to create a segment on Omnisend and synchronize it with your Facebook Custom Audiences. Learn how you can to create a segment here.
Once you have your segment ready, choose Sync list to Facebook from the drop-down.
Your segment will start the initial sync and will update automatically whenever there are new contacts on it.
You can now start showing/sending targeted ads to that specific group of contacts within Facebook and Instagram.
Can I sync only subscribed contacts to Facebook?
Facebook Custom Audiences can be used to sync any status of your contact. You can simply choose which status (subscribed, unsubscribed or non-subscribed) should be included while creating a new customer audience and that will be synced to your Facebook account. When you click on Sync segment to Facebook, a pop up will let you choose what contact statuses you wish to sync.