Sometimes you might want to change email preferences or update a profile for an existing subscriber to include them in more deals you have to offer. For example, if you have an email preference group, such as promotions for dog versus cat products, your subscribers may want to update their mailing subscriptions if they get another pet. Or you might want to collect additional information about your subscriber profile to be able to send more targeted content to them. Give your customers an option to manage their preferences by adding a Preference management page to your email campaigns and promotional automated messages.
In this article, learn how to set up a Preference management page and how to add it to the promotional messages you send out.
Before you start
- Preference management page is not limited to any Omnisend plan and all users can set it up for their email promotions.
- Edit preference link can be added to a footer content block in promotional email automations and campaigns. Transaction related emails, such as order, shipping confirmation cannot have this link.
Setup your Preference management page
1. To set up your Preference management page go to Store settings on your Profile menu > Settings > click Preference management page:
2. You will then be redirected to the Preference management page editor, where you will be able to select the different fields to include in your preference page, so that your customers could update their email, phone number, or any other information you would ask for:
3. Add the fields you wish your customers to update, such as what kind of product category they are shopping for; more contact details, i.e. phone number field so you could start sending SMS messages to them; a possibility to update the communication channel they prefer, and more:
4. Once you are happy with the Preference management page setup, click Update & Save button:
You have just setup your Preference management page, continue to the next paragraph to learn how to share it with your customers.
Include Preference management page
From now on, whenever you create your email campaign or automation, you will have a possibility to add the Preference management page you just created in the "Footer" content block.
By default, the page will be hidden from your messages. To enable it, remove the check-mark from the Hide edit preference link in email checkbox. This action will include the "Edit my preferences" link into the message you are setting up:
And you are all set! You will now start collecting the updated information and interests about your customers.
Once you collect additional or updated information about your customers, use segmentation and send them only the most relevant content to have a better reach and to build long lasting relationships with your shoppers.
Here is what updating your customers preferences on a regular basis will help you achieve:
- Send only relevant promotions to your customers to keep them engaged
- Send the right amount of emails to your subscribers
- Reduce the number of unsubscribes or spam complaints
Sending promotions to segments is a great way for your customers to connect with your brand, as it can help your subscribers choose what they want to receive based on their preferences and personal interests. Create segments to divide your contacts into groups according to their interests, consumption habits, email preferences, and more, and send your messages tailored to the information you collected about your customers.
Have more questions? Reach out to email@example.com, we are available 24/7.