Browse Abandonment enables you to send an automated messages after the subscriber leaves your store while viewing particular pages.
It features our new setup process, which allows you to see the workflow in a waterfall layout, where a particular trigger begins the workflow.
Before you start
Each time a subscriber visits a particular page on your store and leaves it, he/she enters the workflow. Depending on the delay you set, customer receives a message about the abandonment. Once the email is sent, client exits the workflow.
- This feature is available under the automation tab for all Standard and Pro plan users.
- The trigger is set to be “viewed page”.
- You will need to add page URL manually. You can have as many Browse Abandonment emails as you need, one for each page of your store if required.
Browse Abandonment setup process is very similar to other automation workflows setup on Omnisend. It consists of a couple of standard steps: trigger, delay, email, end of workflow. See the info below for Browse Abandonment setup or jump to a video on how to set up an automation workflow or how to edit automation workflow to add more emails to it.
This workflow is triggered by an abandoned page (Viewed page). It is necessary to set each page separately to send different emails for different abandoned pages.
You can always add additional rules for your trigger based on the page your client viewed:
Edit audience settings to trigger your automation for the specific audience only, more about creating a segment here.
This step allows you to choose the delay of email sent - the time Omnisend will wait from the trigger until the email should be sent. You can choose to edit the default delay (1 hour) and set it to:
Important: the delays will always be counted starting from the end of the previous event, not from the trigger.
You can also choose, what should happen with those contacts, who might be affected by the new rules (if the delay rules are being changed). There are two ways of dealing with it:
- Discontinuing the current sequences under the old rules, which would not send any emails with old rules, if there are any customers in the workflow,
- Completing the current sequences according to the old rules, which would finish sending the emails with old rules to all customers that are currently in the workflow.
This step allows you to choose and edit the email, that is sent to the subscriber. You can choose from either of our free templates and use one of either design themes for it. It can also contain any of the available Content Block, like Discount element, Gift Box and others.
End of workflow
Customers exit the workflow in two scenarios:
- When they receive the email;
- When they make a purchase. This cancellation trigger is added by default:
You can add additional cancellation rules and triggers, just click Edit cancellation:
Add trigger rules:
Add cancellation triggers:
Customers who entered the workflow will be calculated and the total will be provided in the End of workflow box.
Like all other e-commerce features, Browse Abandonment reports are available at the Reports tab. It contains the standard list of reports: number of emails sent, open rate, click rate, sales generated, and removed. Month by month view and Activity feed with detailed information is available as well.